The Mission Increase Foundation is currently seeking to open new regional offices in San Francisco, Seattle and the Los Angeles area. Local candidates are preferred.
These Regional Giving and Training Officer positions will oversee grantsmanship and the effective evaluation and training of local ministries, especially grantees, in their own local office as well as all offices under their oversight.
RGTO's will build strong relationships with area ministries and donors in order to aid ministries and donors in the adoption of the Transformational Giving model.
RGTO's must be mature followers of Jesus Christ, actively involved in an evangelical church. They must also live lives more characterized by giving than receiving and have a history of effectively practicing fund raising in a donor development (rather than a fund development) context.
1. Oversee the grant management process for the local office, under the guidance and assistance of the Vice President of Giving and Training. Will evaluate grant requests and recommend grantees for funding.
2. Promote, coordinate, and teach training events for local ministries, especially grantees, in all offices under his or her oversight, with the assistance of other Giving Officers where applicable. Will include monthly workshops, twice-annual seminars, occasional special training sessions, monthly grantee roundtables, and one-on-one training to qualifying ministries.
3. Handle computer functions such as scheduled and special reports, correspondence, grantee database management, and training registration.
4. Coordinate mailings, e-mailings, special projects, and visits by MIF teaching staff and/or national office staff.
5. Prepare PowerPoint presentations, videos, and other teaching tools.
6. Analyze, measure and report on grantee performance.
7. Handle all office administration, securing and maintaining office, budget, and supplies.
9. Identify, cultivate, and aid the national office in solicitation of potential donors and donors to the foundation.
The Regional Giving and Training Officer works under the guidance of the Vice President of Giving and Training.
US Residents Only.
Employer will assist with relocation costs
Significant teaching and training experience in both large-scale workshop format and one-on-one client consultation.
Working knowledge of nonprofit management principles and practices, especially those related to fundraising.
A pastoral heart for working with both large and small Christian ministries--a heart capable of continually nudging the most experienced ministries to the next level while simultaneously delighting in patiently helping the smallest of ministries put together their first appeal letter.
Must enjoy handling not only high level responsibilities but one's own administrative work as well.
The Mission Increase Foundation is one of the fastest growing Christian private operating foundations in the United States. What makes it unique is that, in addition to providing grants to small (sub-$1 million annual budget) Christian organizations focused on evangelism and relief ministry, it also provides high-quality comprehensive development training (in workshop, seminar, roundtable, and one-on-one formats) at no cost to Christian ministries of all sizes and purposes in each of its office areas.
Each of our three existing offices (Portland, OR; Colorado Springs, CO; Los Angeles, CA) is overseen by a giving and training officer--a development generalist skilled in both grant application review and development training. Giving and training officers devote 10-20% of their schedule identifying and cultivating new local relationships for the foundation to ensure an ever-increasing percentage of local ownership of each foundation office.
Our philosophy is heavily oriented away from fund development and strongly oriented toward donor development--what we call a "transformational giving model" that recognizes that biblical giving has its greatest impact not on the recipient but on the giver.
A seven-year old west coast foundation with a goal of opening two additional offices each year in an eastward advance, MIF is in the midst of rapid growth, constrained only by our ability to find qualified Christian development professionals capable of teaching, coaching, and reviewing grant applications at the highest level of performance.
MIF offers very competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; continuing education assistance; matching of employee charitable giving; and vacation commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Customer ServicePrivate Profile
- Stafford, Virginia
- December 9
Accounts Payable & Finance ClerkCityteam
- San Jose, California
- December 7
Needs ProcessorSamaritan Ministries International
- Peoria, Illinois
- December 7
Administrative Manager/Office ManagerNorthEast of the Well
- Santa Ana, California
- December 5
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Mission Increase Foundation
COMPANY Mission Increase Foundation is an operating foundation that desires to transform lives for Christ through effective giving and training of Christian nonprofit ministries. FOUNDED 1999 as an operational 501(c)3 foundation. FUNCTION OF FOUNDATION The two primary functions of Mission Increase Foundation are: 1. Provide training and mentoring to Christian Ministries in fundraising, board governance, strategic planning and non-profit management. 2. Administer matching grants to qualified recipients. More...