Position Summary: The Events Area Director’s role, as organizer and facilitator of the Banquet program, is a key part of the ministry of Wycliffe Associates (WA). The Banquet program is often the first exposure that individuals have to the ministry of WA. As Area Director (AD), this position must inform, challenge and motivate individuals to serve the worldwide needs of Bible translation, through giving, praying, volunteering in full or part-time ministry.
- Must have a personal, maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must sense a call to the ministry of Wycliffe Associates and have a genuine caring for all people.
- Must demonstrate and exemplify the role of a servant leader.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in event planning and / or fund-raising strategies is desirable.
- Must have a strong ability to articulate the ministry of Wycliffe Associates and a strong ability to lead others into participating in Wycliffe Associates’ ministry.
- Must have the ability to work independently, requiring minimal, direct supervision.
- Must have the proven ability to work with peers, office staff and management.
- A two or four year, educational degree, or higher, is desirable.
- Must be in possession of an active, up-to-date driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively in the Spring and the Fall and other times during the year, as required.
- Must have no physical lifting limitations, as significant lifting is required.
- Identify 25 banquet cities each Spring and each Fall, where banquets are to occur.
- Identify all banquet locations, negotiating all pricing, terms and banquet requirements. With the location’s responsible representative, sign the contract that has resulted from the negotiation process.
- Recruit and train one Coordinator and one Banquet Caller per banquet team.
- Recruit and train 8 – 10 Team Members per banquet city. Meet and/or exceed the financial objectives for each Banquet tour.
- Hold 25 Banquet Team Meetings and 25 Banquets each Spring and Fall.
- Must meet and/or exceed the financial objectives for each Banquet tour.
- Must meet all expense guidelines and must operate within the assigned expense budget.
- Keep all records and files complete and up-to-date.
- Keep the WA vehicle clean and in good working order, making sure all maintenance, including the mileage log, is kept up-to-date.
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Wycliffe Associates is using new technologies and highly skilled people to accelerate Bible Translation faster than our founders ever imagined possible. This includes providing national translators with Translation Acceleration Kits and Online Collaboration Systems to ensure they can communicate in "real time" with translation consultants across the world without interruption.
Worldwide, hundreds of millions of people are still waiting for a Bible to be written in their heart language. Translators are working throughou More...