Regnery Publishing, the leading book publisher in conservative and current event titles, has an immediate opening for a self-motivated and highly organized Publicist.
Publicist will focus on Regnery’s backlist of previously released titles and will be responsible for identifying opportunities to promote Regnery authors and books in both traditional media outlets and non-traditional outlets.
Ideal candidate must have:
- A passion for political news—“a news junkie” and outstanding news judgment
- 1-2 years public relations experience and/or 1-2 years news reporting experience
- College degree in English, journalism, marketing, public relations or equivalent experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, high energy, and the ability to successfully manage both long-term and short-term campaigns at one time
- Knowledge and understanding of conservative marketplace a plus
Successful candidate will:
- Write Eye Catching Headlines
- Develop creative news hooks
- Have strong pitching techniques and phone skills
- Understand the importance of follow-up
Regnery is conveniently located on Capitol Hill near Union Station in Washington, DC and provides its employees with excellent benefits such as health insurance, vacation, and 401K plus company match to name just a few benefits.
Send your resume today with a cover letter, writing samples, and salary history to email@example.com.