Promotions Manager – AM 560 THE ANSWER
Salem Communications Chicago is looking for a talented and motivated broadcasting professional who understands how to create mutually beneficial wins for sales and programming in the country’s third largest radio market.
- Work with program director and sales managers to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Oversee all promotions for AM 560 THE ANSWER. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions.
- Generate specific promotional strategies to grow revenue for the stations and clients, with specific, measurable goals. This requires coordinating with personnel in the department to plan and execute these strategies and to measure their success.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station and sales driven events, including:
Prepare promotional strategy outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements, registration, etc.
Oversee registration process, send updates to team, track pacing
Prepare event timeline, sponsor timeline, and event program clock
Schedule staff and ensure all day-of responsibilities are covered
Create sales recaps
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence and revenue in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media. This requires working with Salem’s Director of Digital Media to remain on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Run weekly promotions meeting
- Oversee execution of national sales campaigns with local promotions staff.
- Thorough understanding of the news/talk format; a passion for politics is preferred
- 2-4 years of major market or national promotional and/or sales experience
- Understanding of radio promotional and sales strategy and online and social media marketing
- Task and detail-oriented
Salem Media of Illinois, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please e-mail cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com . Fax: 847-439-2846. NO PHONE CALLS