Shipping and Receiving Coordinator Job Description
The primary purpose of this position is to pick, palletize, shrink wrap and ship CLC publications books to customers in the United States and all over the world in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Receive and distribute shipments arriving via UPS, FedEx, Truck or any shipping carrier
- Pick books from the open stock warehouse based on pick sheets provided by the customer service team.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service by double checking all picked orders to see that the correct books have been selected.
- Palletize, shrink wrap and box all orders for safe shipment to minimize any damage that may occur in the shipping process
- Utilize the computer system to prepare shipping labels for all shipments
- Utilize Amazon’s Vendor Central website program to complete the shipping acknowledgment process for this customer.
- Ensure that shipments are sent out in a timely manner and to the customer’s specifications
- Restock the front open stock shelves with books from the back warehouse
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Work closely with the customer service team to ensure that customer needs are met accurately
- Updating the shipping computer database with accurate customer shipping data
- Utilizing the postage system to apply postage to packages as necessary
- Helping to receive and/ or send large shipments that arrive or are sent by truck
- Providing support to the Christian Book Link team when time permits
- Providing support to the CLC Distribution team as time permits
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the position:
- Must be able to lift boxes full of books on a regular basis.
- A working knowledge of computers and interest in utilizing technology
- A pleasant personality and desire to work in a team environment
- Minimum educational requirement is a High School diploma
- A love of books, people and the Christian literature ministry