This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Echoing Hills Village, Inc
Warsaw, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 01/03/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
ECHOING HILLS VILLAGE INC.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the operations of the accounting department of Echoing Hills Village, Inc. and affiliates (EHV). This includes the oversight of personnel to insure accurate reporting of financial information in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles for not-for-profit organizations, in compliance with all funding agencies (Federal, State and local) and in conformity with the philosophy and goals of Echoing Hills Village, Inc. and affiliates.
1. To manage the day to day processing of all accounting activities including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable, billing procedures, general ledger and financial statement development.
2. To maximize the revenues of EHV through proper management of the accounting of expenditures and reporting to funding agencies.
3. To provide the executive and leadership staff of the operating programs of EHV monthly financial information and interim information as needed to allow for the most accurate financial decision making possible.
4. To assist in the development of reports for the Board of Directors, lending institutions and funding agencies as requested by the CFO.
5. To ensure compliance with the accounting principles required by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS), the Ohio Department of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (ODMRDD),the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
6. To work with outside auditing and review agencies, both government and privately contracted, to provide the information necessary to expedite their reviews and reporting requirements.
7. To uphold in a positive manner, and enforce the personnel policies, and other corporate policies and procedures set in place as operational guidelines.
8. To directly supervise the staff of the Business Office. This includes but is not limited to recruiting, hiring, staff development and training, discipline and termination if appropriate.
9. To insure that internal controls are established and reviewed annually to provide the maximum safety for the assets of EHV and its business operations.
10. To obtain a general knowledge of all accounting functions and systems to provide for coverage during personnel vacancies or unexpected emergencies.
11. To participate in the development and maintenance of a disaster recovery program for the accounting department to minimize the impact of any disaster upon the financial operations of EHV.
12. To maintain a working knowledge of the computer software and hardware systems utilized by the accounting department of EHV.
Job Description: Accounting Manager - page 2
13. To carry out any other responsibilities deemed necessary and appropriate by the Chief Financial Officer.
This person must hold a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution and have at least 4 years experience in the field of accounting. Finally, this person must demonstrate through academic achievement and experience the ability to learn, grasp and manage the responsibilities herein defined.
The salary and fringe benefits for this position are determined by the Chief Executive Officer.
The Accounting Manager will be directly responsible to the Chief Financial Officer or his designee. He/she will abide by a strict code of business and professional ethics identified in the EHV Salary Employee Handbook and the EHV Manual of Accounting Policies. It is understood that the Accounting Manager shall conduct her/himself according to positive standards of Christian behavior as established in the Bible.