This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Cotonou, , Belgium
Date Posted: 01/28/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: OR Specialists (maxillofacial, pohthalmic, orthopaedic, VVF, etc.)
Reports To: Assistant OR Manager
Department: Healthcare Services
Date Modified: 06-Jun-2008
Coordinate daily function and supply of specialty operating room and orientation of staff. Minimum six-months commitment preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintain a current manual of specialty procedures performed, updating as needed with surgeon's preferences.
* Maintain a current list of supplies and equipment needed for specialty area, working to simplify and standardize requirements.
* Maintain accurate inventory and stock levels in operating room.
* Orient new theatre nurses to specialty area, equipment and procedures unique to specialty.
* Work with incoming surgeons to determine their specific needs and preferences, orient them to the equipment/instruments/supplies available on the Africa Mercy, and help orient them to the daily routine.
* Attend and participate in all HealthCare functions as needed.
* Assist in planning for furture outreaches.
* Assist in medical supply procurement, renovations and repairs, and medical equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
* Ensure safety of equipment during sails.
* Coordinate the daily running of the operating theatre, ensuring an efficient turnover.
* Circulate in the operating room; may also scrub sometimes.
* Fulfill responsibilities of operating room nurse (see job description for Operating Room Nurse).
* Perform on call duties for emergency surgeries after duty hours and on weekends on a rotating basis.
* Maintain open communication with Specialty Program Manager, OR supervisor and assistant, and specialty care coordinators for the ward/outpatient.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Knowledge of O.R. procedures, standards and equipment specific to specialty area
Education and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the education and / or experience required.
* Current nursing license in home country.
* Minimum 2-years operating room experience within specialty area.
PA or OR Nurse with at least two years of experience and current license in home country.