Title: OR Specialists (maxillofacial, pohthalmic, orthopaedic, VVF, etc.)
Reports To: Assistant OR Manager
Department: Healthcare Services
Date Modified: 06-Jun-2008
Coordinate daily function and supply of specialty operating room and orientation of staff. Minimum six-months commitment preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintain a current manual of specialty procedures performed, updating as needed with surgeon's preferences.
* Maintain a current list of supplies and equipment needed for specialty area, working to simplify and standardize requirements.
* Maintain accurate inventory and stock levels in operating room.
* Orient new theatre nurses to specialty area, equipment and procedures unique to specialty.
* Work with incoming surgeons to determine their specific needs and preferences, orient them to the equipment/instruments/supplies available on the Africa Mercy, and help orient them to the daily routine.
* Attend and participate in all HealthCare functions as needed.
* Assist in planning for furture outreaches.
* Assist in medical supply procurement, renovations and repairs, and medical equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
* Ensure safety of equipment during sails.
* Coordinate the daily running of the operating theatre, ensuring an efficient turnover.
* Circulate in the operating room; may also scrub sometimes.
* Fulfill responsibilities of operating room nurse (see job description for Operating Room Nurse).
* Perform on call duties for emergency surgeries after duty hours and on weekends on a rotating basis.
* Maintain open communication with Specialty Program Manager, OR supervisor and assistant, and specialty care coordinators for the ward/outpatient.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Knowledge of O.R. procedures, standards and equipment specific to specialty area
Education and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the education and / or experience required.
* Current nursing license in home country.
* Minimum 2-years operating room experience within specialty area.
PA or OR Nurse with at least two years of experience and current license in home country.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Mercy Ships is the leader in using hospital ships to deliver free world-class health care and community development services to the forgotten poor. We welcome those who have the time to devote to the work of bringing hope and healing to the world's poorest peoples. We are accepting applications for both our International Operations Center near Tyler, Texas and the Mercy Ship, Africa Mercy which serves primarily in West Africa. Mercy Ships has both paid and volunteer postions, which require individuals to raise their pown support. Volu More...