This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Speciality Care Coordinator
Cotonou, Benin, None, Benin
Date Posted: 01/28/2009
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Specialty Care Coordinator (may be maxillofacial, VVF, orthopaedic, ophthalmic, or new specialties as they develop)
Reports To: Patient Services Coordinator
Department: Health Care Services
Date Modified: 12-Jun-2008
Coordinate clinical care for a specific patient population throughout course of care with Mercy Ships. Long-term commitment preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintain a current manual and develop critical pathways for the nursing care of patients undergoing specialty procedures performed on the Africa Mercy.
* Provide direction for procurement of supplies and equipment needed for specialty area, working to simplify and standardize requirements.
* Participate in program development, project proposals for specialty area, and in development/implementation of operating policy/procedures.
* Monitor and evaluate progress toward project objectives, submitting reports in a timely manner and modifying activities as needed to achieve targets.
* Work with incoming surgeons to determine their specific needs and patient care preferences, provide orientation to the equipment/ supplies available on the Africa Mercy, and help orient them to the daily routine.
* Provide clinical support to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
* Develop and assist in the implementation of patient care plans and standards specific to the needs of the patient.
* Assist and provide direction to nursing staff with clinical decision-making and priority setting.
* Provide approved clinical services, including screening, suture removal, and complex wound care.
* Perform daily rounds on patients within specialty area. Assesses the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient data and evaluating the appropriateness of care.
* Coordinate services with other patient care providers and transitions between inpatient & outpatient services as well as long-term follow-up.
* Serve as a resource to nursing staff and other health care personnel regarding nursing/patient care specific to specialty area.
* Develop and implement educational information, materials, and programs for discharge planning and teaching of health care consumers.
* Collaborate with members of the health care team to problem solve complex clinical situations for specialty needs of patients.
* If qualified with prescriptive authority, provide on-call cover for crew health needs.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Experience with & knowledge of patient care procedures, standards and equipment specific to specialty area
* Supportive of Mercy Ships mission, values, and philosophy of missions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, excellent organizational skills
* Computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook beneficial
* Must have superior relational skills and outstanding Christian character
* Has healthy affirming relationships and exhibits integrity in professional and personal life.
* Ability to respond to requests and obtain information in a timely manner
Good organizational and people skills requred. Knowledge of patient care procedures, standards and equipment speciific to speciality area a plus. Long term commitment preferred.