This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
ship, Africa Mercy, , Belgium
Date Posted: 01/28/2009
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: OR Sterilizer
Reports To: Operating Theatre Manager
Department: Health Care Services
Date Modified: 01-Mar-2007
Clean and sterilize surgical instruments and medical equipment. Maintain inventory as directed by Operating Theatre Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 1. Follow Universal Precautions by wearing the appropriate protective attire while working in the Disinfection area.
* 2. Decontaminate surgical instruments and other medical equipment as needed.
* 3. Utilize appropriate cleaning detergents and agents by reading directions.
* 4. Inspect all instruments for cleanliness, proper function, and breakage by viewing the instruments before assembly.
* 5. Assemble and wrap trays, supplies, and single-pack instruments for sterilization according to tray listings and with appropriately sized packaging.
* 6. Sterilize instruments and surgical trays by following prescribed policies and procedures upon request.
* 7. Operate the autoclaves and safely and correctly to ensure sterility of the supplies, using monitoring systems appropriately.
* 8. Monitor, read, document, and interpret, all parameters of sterilizers to insure proper function.
* 9. Maintain a sufficient stock of sterile supplies and instruments to meet daily operating needs.
* 10. Routinely clean and maintain the autoclaves.
* 11. Maintain a clean working environment, sanitizing workstation at the end of each day.
* 12. Distribute all sterile supplies to appropriate storage location.
* 13. Order and put away supplies as needed.
* 14. Maintain departmental policies and procedures by reviewing the manuals.
Prefer a long term commitment. Contact for more specific requirements if interested.