- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming "born again" thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
Primary responsibilities are to engage students in the College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) with a meaningful and effective teaching style. Will teach undergraduate courses that will focus on Economics with opportunities to teach in other disciplines. For example, Business Communication, Business Statistics, Finance, Management, and Marketing. Willingly and collaboratively participates in assigned meetings and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses in accord with all standard policies and procedures within the School of Business and Leadership. A typical load is 24 credit hours of undergraduate science courses per year (four courses per semester).
- CCU is a proponent of free market principles and is seeking an Economics background instructor dedicated to enthusiastically teaching limited government, free markets, deregulation, and the original intent of the constitution. Will additionally support and teach to other CCU Strategic Objectives.
- Advises and mentors School of Business and Leadership students as assigned by the Dean.
- Must work effectively and positively with administrators, faculty, and staff to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships.
- Communicate effectively with the University community, ministry partners, corporate partners, and general audiences.
- Participate in student recruitment and contacting future students to assist with CCU student growth plans.
- Use technology in the classroom and conduct outside research for specialized materials to assist with teaching within the classroom and to coincide with reading assignments.
- Strong participation in faculty, committee or other meetings as part of this position or as assigned.
- Assist the CUS Dean of the School Business and Leadership with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A terminal (doctoral level degree) in a related business field from an accredited college/university is preferred. A Master’s degree from an accredited college/university with relevant work experience will be considered. Faculty rank will be assigned based on credentials.
- Two or more years of successful teaching experience in a college or university.
- Demonstrate superior oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Passionate about Christ-centered higher education and dedicated to student success.
- Proficiency in appropriate MS Office software and able to use appropriate software/technology in the learning environment.
- Committed to learning new ideas for classroom presentations and dynamic class interactions to engage student learning in a meaningful way.
- Participate in extracurricular activities to support and encourage students.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Regular public presentations to students, parents, and business executives required.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.
Please fill out an online application at https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH10/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CCU&cws=1&rid=1356
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
PrincipalRiver City Believers Academy
- San Antonio, Texas
- September 11
Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University is very different from the typical American university. We hold tightly to traditional values and high academic standards. We strive to impact our culture in support of traditional family values, sanctity of life, compassion for the poor, biblical view of human nature, limited government, personal freedom, and other such causes that preserve and promote high moral and ethical standards. More...