Job Title: Marketing and Promotions Director
Job Category: Radio/Broadcasting/Media
Full Time - Exempt
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, accrued vacation and sick time
Salary commensurate with experience
Position Overview: Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. Salem Communications Tampa Bay has an immediate opening for a Marketing
& Promotions Director representing FaithTalk 570 & 910 WTBN Radio, TalkRadio 860 WGUL, NewsTalk 930 WLSS, and Spanish Christian Talk WLCC. This position creates and directs all aspects of station promotions, marketing programs and liaison to staff,
clients and the community. This individual works in the areas of Marketing/Promotions, sales service and publicity and reports directly to the General Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Confers with department heads to discuss programming and sales promotion.
- Creates & Directs preparation and execution of all station events, promotional activities and special projects.
- Communicates with staff and clients on on-going campaigns.
- Works internally and externally to oversee copywriting, design, layout, paste-up and production of promotional materials.
- Monitors and analyzes sales/programming promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of events and promotional materials.
- Creates and executes monthly and quarterly projects that are designed to generate revenue for the radio station.
- Creates and executes digital programs to generate revenue through digital assets.
- Responsible for development, completion and distribution of bi-annual publication FaithTalk magazine.
- Responsible for all station news releases, external media contacts and publicity as needed.
- Responsible for management of merchandising inventory.
- Hires, trains and supervises marketing/promotions department personnel.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years broadcast experience is preferred
- Must have good decision-making skills and should have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills are necessary for recordkeeping and data management. Needs to be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Photoshop skills are required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the physical capacity to lift up to 50 pounds as required
Please send cover letter and resume to