Provision Ministry Group is seeking a level 1 System Support Technician in Irvine, CA.
The Provision Ministry Group is a family of non-profit ministries serving Christian churches and ministries across the United States and around the world. Provision was established in 2003 to provide direction, leadership and support services to a growing
family of ministries that began with Church Development Fund in 1953.
Today the “Ministry Partners” in the Provision Ministry Group provide financial resources, management services and leadership support through investment options, church loans, new church planting, legacy church guidance, donor advised funds, church staffing,
real estate services, construction consultation, master planning and church site design. We invite you to explore our site and learn more about Provision at provision.org.
System Support Technician
Manage user systems
- Manage the acquisition and Installation of user application systems and document project progress
- Install and test user application upgrades
- Maintain user application systems
- Determine functional specifications and configure application software accordingly
- Determine system functional requirements and create and maintain appropriate user access
- Troubleshoot and repair user interface problems
- Manage the periodic processing and backup processes of system and customer applications
- Maintain desktop management system
- Manage infrastructure systems
- Install and test upgrades for security, SPAM and related services
- Maintain connectivity between headquarters and remote offices.
- Provide timely support of hardware and software.
- Create and enforce standards, policies, procedures, and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, backup, and recovery.
- Maintain intranet sites and access
- Monitor off-site data storage
- Manage and test disaster recovery plan
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business or other related major
- Minimum 1 year, 3 years preferred, I.S. or I.T. experience with ever increasing responsibilities
- A+ certification or equivalent training or education
- Previous experience in non-profit and/or banking industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of desktop and laptop, hardware and software applications
- Ability to learn new systems and applications quickly
- Strong problem solving skills
- Action and team oriented
It is the policy of Provision Ministry not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission and access to, or treatment or employment in its program or activities, as required by section 504 of the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973, as amended, the American with Disabilities Act, as amended (to the extent applicable to the Ministry), Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, as amended, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and the Age Discrimination
Act of 1975, as amended, and their implementing regulations.
As a religious institution, Provision Ministry is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees or prospective employees on the basis of religion.