To serve the church by providing general maintenance services to church buildings and grounds and leadership to Facilities staff.
Some of the primary duties include:
- Performs all levels of routine repairs and maintenance within the facility involving carpentry, concrete, electrical, masonry, landscape, painting, plastering and plumbing.
- Troubleshoots and completes repairs to building service equipment, utilities and personal property (electrical, water, waste, heating and air.)
- Assures work is completed in a timely and high quality manner.
- Assist with getting competitive bids for projects outside the Facilities scope of work.
- Oversees training of facilities associates in repair and maintenance of equipment and personal property.
- Assures that direct reports follow safety and housekeeping rules.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats; keep current in related field.
- Cooperate with the Director of Facilities by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: 5-6 years experience in the following trades: carpentry, electrical, plaster, mason cement finishing and painting. In addition, must be able to read blueprints, drawings and interpret
sketches. Must be able to use hand and power tools.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Basic carpentry, general mechanical, plumbing, pipefitting, and electrical tools and materials of the above trades. General familiarity with plumbing and electrical code requirements and trade practices is necessary. Strong customer
ABILITY: Ability to read assembly diagrams, manufacturer’s drawings and blueprints. Ability to follow instructions and function as a team member. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner. Ability to communicate and deal effectively
with others. Strong leadership ability. Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays, if requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, bend, kneel and walk. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Environment is outdoors and indoors and can be dusty and dirty. Frequently exposed to the possibility of cuts and bruises.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.