Family Resource Ministries (FRM) is a 501©3 ministry that owns and operates nine Christian schools in Southern California under the umbrella name of Heights Christian Schools (HCS). HCS owns and operates one junior high school, three elementary schools, five preschools, and two infant centers. The primary objective of our schools is to bring about the total education of the student spiritually, academically, morally, mentally, socially, and physically.
The job of School Secretary is to provide secretarial support to school-site staff and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents and/or guardians, support employees, school board members and management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- With direction from the school principal, compose a variety of materials such as letters, bulletins, and reports from rough drafts or oral instructions.
- Prepares and maintains documents, files, records and reports (e.g. letters to parents, new student enrollments, student withdrawal, immunization records, etc.)
- Opens mail and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates situations (e.g. students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking approved appropriate actions and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Maintains student attendance records, keeping the principal informed as to extended absences and tardies.
- Handles incoming and outbound telephone calls and records messages accurately.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks associated with the specific position (e.g. tuition fees collected and any other monetary transactions).
- Welcomes visitors, arranges for their comfort and screens unexpected visitors.
- Collects payments for fines, fees, and fundraising for the purpose of depositing in proper accounts.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. student enrollment/withdrawal information, emergency cards, discipline referral information, attendance records, facility use, time sheets, keys, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail.
- Experienced computer skills with the willingness to learn specialized computer programs such as QuickBooks, RenWeb and other software applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email messaging tools, etc.
- Professing Christian with a Biblically sound salvation experience that is clearly communicated.
- Exhibit a Christ-like servant attitude.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with ministry policy.
- Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Two years of previous secretarial/administrative experience.
- Handles stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of personnel and student matters.
To be be considered please visit: http://www.heightschristianschools.org/Announcements-PDFs/Employment%20Application%20HR-01-3.pdf to fill out our employment application. Fax or email your resume, cover letter, and our employment application to Human Resources at email@example.com or fax 714-921-9484. NO CALLS PLEASE.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Heights Christian Schools
Family Resource Ministries (FRM) is a 501©3 ministry that owns and operates nine Christian schools in Southern California under the umbrella name of Heights Christian Schools (HCS). HCS owns and operates one junior high school, three elementary schools, five preschools, and two infant centers. The primary objective of our schools is to bring about the total education of the student spiritually, academically, morally, mentally, socially, and physically.More...