This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Handi*Camp Nurse Manager
Handi*Vangelism Ministries International
Akron, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 12/22/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Handi*Camp is one outreach of Handi*Vangelism Ministries International (HVMI), a Christian missionary organization founded in 1973. Handi*Camp provides overnight Christian camping programs to over 150 campers with various physical, mental or multiple disabilties each summer in southeastern PA and southern NJ currently using two rented camp facilities.
HVMI is seeking a new Handi*Camp Nurse Manager to oversee the health care of campers and staff members in our camping program, including supervising assistant nurses each camp session. This RN position could be full time or seasonal (if nurse has time available for pre-camp preparations - processing camper applications, preparing camper information for camp doctors and staff members, etc.). It could allow for part-time nursing employment outside the ministry as well (home health care, school nurse, etc.). A detailed position description is available to provide additional information.
HVMI is a multi-faceted ministry. Opportunities exist to also be involved in other outreaches of HVMI (besides Handi*Camp):
* BASIS - for bereaved parents and families
* Disability Training - supporting the church in disability ministry
* Discipleship Ministries/Sharing HOPE - year round opportunities for people with disabilities, people who are hospitalized, or people who live in residential facilities
* Grief Seminars - help for coping with loss
* International - HVMI Ghana ministries and other training ministries
* Minds Renewed - addressing mental health issues
* PIP - for parents of individuals with disabilities
* REST Ministries - for those who have experienced abuse, addictions, imprisonment
* Twilight Senior Ministries - for those in nursing homes
Missionaries with HVMI are faith-supported for personal salary (each person on the HVMI staff can attest how God faithfully provides through donations by individuals and churches each month!). Training and assistance is given to all new missionaries to help in establishing a team of prayer and financial supporters. HVMI funds provide reimbursement of ministry expenses for each HVMI missionary.
Prayerfully consider joining the HVMI staff team. Check out our ministry website at www.hvmi.org.