Position Description: Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the ongoing management and growth of Liberty Institute’s social media presence in alignment with business strategies and direction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space.
- Responsible for developing content across owned and earned social channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
- Creates, manages and grows business presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Vine, G+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, youTube and Instagram.
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives.
- Real-word experience planning social media programs that span owned (eg Blogs), earned (eg Facebook) and paid (sponsored tweets).
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices and understanding of digital production processes.
- Knowledge of social media legal guidelines, including, but not limited to WOMMA and “pay-per-post”.
- Knowledge of Strategic planning and processes for brand management and creative development, including research tools and evaluation of results, especially as related to "Integrated Communication Planning".
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options and the media role in integrated communication.
- Strong negotiation skills as both a strategic advisor and direct negotiator for a broad variety of Interactive services.
- Mature, Committed, Authentic Christian - ?a professing Christian, who in word and deed has demonstrated a commitment to Jesus Christ, professionally and personally agrees with Liberty Institute’s Statement of Faith
- Convictional Servant-Leader – Demonstrated servant leader, whose leadership flows out of Christian conviction
- 3+ years experience or equivalent exposure to a corporate environment.
- BA or BS with focus on communication: Advertising/Marketing.
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, foursquare, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, and Crowdrise.
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools, including, HootSuite, and Google Analytics.
- Experience writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Liberty
Institute is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 403(b), and vacation benefits.
Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.