This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Williamson Christian College
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 11/19/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
SPECIFIC DUTIES: The President is expected to:
1. Motivate, supervise, support and encourage the work of those who report to the President providing the needed leadership with that group to ensure that the College is effectively managed within the stated mission of the College.
2. Ensure that the administration and of the College adhere to demonstration of their Christian faith in their work with students, each other and the constituencies of the College. The President must approve each new faculty member and administrator.
3. Recommend polices, budgets and personnel appointments to the Board which will enable the College to fulfill its mission. The President will confer with the Board on all issues of importance to the College. The President will assume the responsibility of ensuring that the Bylaws of the College are implemented on a timely basis. The President will meet with the Chair of the Board to present proposed agendas for Board meetings and then distribute agendas and supporting materials to the other members of the Board after the Chair has approved the agenda. Special meetings of the Board will be called only in accordance with the Bylaws.
4. Work cooperatively with the Dean of the Faculty and the Director of Admissions to ensure that the students admitted to the College have an optimal learning experience through creating a learning culture of excellence with the needed tools, skills and attitudes of the administration and staff that will make this attainable.
5. Develop a public relations program for the College that represents its mission accurately and comprehensively to the public in Williamson County and wherever there is interest in the College. Ensure that the College materials are fairly and accurately presented in a manner that will facilitate the mission of the College.
6. Develop a culture within the institution that honors learning, creativity, inquisitiveness and application of Christian faith and academic learning in the lives of students, administration and staff of the College and that encourages harmony and effectiveness within the staff and faculty of the College.
7. Ensure that the College meets all standards and criteria set by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission and any accrediting body with which the College is associated.
8. Develop contacts for the College in the community to encourage community understanding and acceptance of the College as well as applicants for student admission to the College. The President will be active in one or more community organizations on a regular basis.
9. Chair, convene and keep records of the Administrative Council, establish its membership and implement its conclusions. Appoint other committees of the College.
10. The President will teach from time to time in his or her own area of expertise and as time allows.
11. Perform other tasks for the College as requested by the Board of Trustees.
The President of Williamson Christian College functions under the authority of the Board of Trustees to ensure that the mission of the College is accomplished in an effective, efficient and timely manner. The President must articulate the mission to the various constituencies and implement it through the various programs and services of the College. The President reports to the Board of Trustees of the College and serves at their pleasure subject only to any employment contract that might exist.
QUALIFICATIONS: Hold the earned doctorate in a discipline taught at the College, in education or management.