|April 1, 2012
Full Time, Hourly
Michigan Overnight (MION)
MION Facilities Supervisor
|MION Properties Supervisor, MION Accommodations Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance Specialists
The Facilities Technician, as a part of the SpringHill Maintenance and Facilities Team will be responsible for the upkeep and care of 200+ buildings, structures, and activities at the overnight property in Evart, Michigan.
Principal Duties and Job Functions
- Responsible for helping to maintain all facilities on the property, including an indoor pool, outdoor pool, cabins, office buildings, houses, outbuildings, activity structures, meeting rooms, dining halls, etc.
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance with HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, including fire and building alarms and well/septic systems.
- Assist with carpentry as needed.
- Monitor and track incoming repair and preventative work orders.
- Maintain an accurate service log.
- Prioritize work orders related to 200+ buildings and facilities on the property.
- Oversee facilities inventory management.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Perform preventative buildings and grounds assessments to ensure buildings and utilities are well functioning while quickly responding to conditions that might cause personal injury or damage to property.
- Manage all associated account lines and perform within budget.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, waste water permitting, fire code regulations, MSDS.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Associates Degree or equivalent trade experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in facilities maintenance or construction.
- HVAC, electrical and plumbing experience required.
- Carpentry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the organization’s auto insurance policy.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Knowledge of applicable building and equipment codes.
Personal and Professional Characteristics
- Strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values and convictions.
- Knowledge of and passion for SpringHill’s mission and philosophy of ministry.
- Good problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot complex systems, exercise judgment, and make decisions in performing job duties.
- Ability to exercise patience and diplomacy in dealing with camp employees, students, guests and the general public while performing investigative tasks.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods.
- Ability to work within a team environment with a customer service focus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must live near (within 10 minutes) of MION property and be accessible 24/7 for emergency response.
- Ability to work varied schedules, including weekends and rotation of on-call hours.
- Ability and willingness to drive to other SpringHill locations as required.
- Must be able to lift, bend, twist and push and pull loads.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and occasionally 50-100 with assistance.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities,
duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
About SpringHill Camps
SpringHill Camps is a Christian non-denominational camp with locations in Evart, Michigan, Seymour, Indiana, and summer Day Camps in major metropolitan areas currently in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. As we experience growth in our ministry, we
are seeking people who can bring experience, knowledge, energy, and a passion for Jesus to key roles in reaching kids for Christ.
Our purpose is to present the life-changing message of Jesus Christ to children, teens and young adults and to be His agent of change. We see this fulfilled through our mission, which is to glorify God by creating life-impacting experiences that enable young
people to know and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
In addition to the mission, SpringHill holds a number of values that influence the way we think and do ministry. We are about Jesus and his message of grace, hope and love. We are committed to the spiritual and personal growth of children, teens, and young
adults. We possess a passionate commitment to be relevant. This translates into the integration of faith and fun, diversity in programming and a resolve to meet and engage every child at their level of maturity and development. We are committed to only do
ministry in the context of personal loving and caring relationships. This is why we expend a great deal of time and energy finding, developing, and retaining people who relate to others in such a manner. We also offer a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefit package for our staff to meet their personal needs while serving in vital ministry roles. In addition, we are committed to exceed expectations and provide exceptional experience, service and value to our guests. We are always learning and growing,
and as a result of this, change is a part of our fabric.