This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Texarkana, Arkansas, United States
Date Posted: 12/04/2008
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Houseparents at Watersprings Ranch are full-time employees and are required to abide by the policies set forth by the Watersprings Ranch policy manual. They are expected to provide consistent love, structure and discipline to the children placed in their care and ensure the total care of the home and yard assigned to them. Other job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Follow weekly and weekend schedules outlined by the organization's policy manual.
2. Maintain a daily Level Log Sheet of significant events/behaviors for each child and attend scheduled meetings with the Child Care Staff for review.
3. Post a daily score/grade for each child in the home on the Level System Chart according to Level System guidelines.
4. Assign and supervise the childrens household and outside chores.
5. Administer discipline in accordance with the Watersprings Ranch Level System.
6. Prepare breakfast and supper each weekday and all three meals on weekends, holidays, and summers. Monthly menus must be submitted to and approved by the Child Care Staff and posted on the refrigerator in the group home. School lunches must meet guidelines set forth by the Learning Center lunch policy.
7. Be observant of the general health of the children. Consult the childs Caseworker if you feel a doctor's appointment is needed.
8. Lead assigned nightly devotionals in the home, as well as, attend church services with the children.
9. Ensure all children observe proper hygiene habits as outlined in the organizations's hygiene policy for residents.
10. Assist the children in learning general "family" behavior. This includes: table manners, company manners, public manners, cooperative family problem solving, communication, etc.
11. Supervise planned study periods, tutorial sessions, etc.
12. Male house parents are assigned the responsibility of outside areas of the home, which includes mowing, edging, weed eating, and general upkeep.
13. House parents are responsible for the whereabouts, behavior and welfare of children at all times.
14. House parents are to show unconditional love and acceptance to every child.
15. House parents are to provide support for each child through prayer and genuine interest in what he/she does.
16. House parents must be a positive role model by example.