Seeking detail oriented, self-motivated Fleet Mechanic/Driver to care for the repair, maintenance and cleanliness of the North American Ministries (U.S. Disaster Relief) department’s vehicle fleet and equipment. The Fleet Mechanic/Driver will:
•Complete mechanical repair, regular maintenance and clean/upkeep the department’s vehicle fleet and equipment. Will ensure all the equipment and vehicles are in response-ready mode.
• Keep all maintenance logs and permits up to date for all vehicles and equipment.
• Be familiar with U.S. Dept of Transportation laws concerning the use and transportation of U.S. disaster relief equipment and supplies.
• Maintain accurate listing and placement of all Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief inventory.
• Travel to field sites as necessary to maintain vehicles and equipment.
• Keep a current CDL and a valid DOT Medical Card.
• Provide procurement and logistical support for field projects.
• Respond to disasters as requested. Maintain equipment during response and deliver tools and supplies as needed.
• Provide project site instruction and direct volunteer teams work, ensuring safety and quality of our work.
• Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
Qualified candidates will have proven experience maintaining, repairing, and operating diesel and gasoline vehicles as well as trailers and other equipment.
The position requires a Class A Commercial Drivers License with a valid medical card. A minimum of 5 years of mechanical and driving experience is required. Basic computer skills are also needed. Must be a team player and work well under pressure and within extreme deadlines. Position requires unscheduled travel in order to respond to natural disasters within the United States.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
Proclaim the Gospel - Exalt Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
Serve with Excellence - Exceed the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
Respond with Compassionate Action - Expedite our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
Demonstrate Biblical Integrity - Exhibit character and integrity personally, at home and work
Walk in Bold Faith - Expect God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
TO APPLY: Complete application thru posting on website at: www.samaritanspurse.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...