ABWE is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President of ABWE.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistical, and project support to the President of ABWE (located out of our Harrisburg, PA Headquarters). The Executive Administrative Assistant will enhance and facilitate the President’s
workload and ministry with an emphasis on balancing his contacts and communications according to given priorities with God, the Board, Donors, Pastors, Constituency, Administration, and Missionaries.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates, assembles, and maintains information for the President to include calendar, Board meetings, ABWE events, administrative meetings, personal appointments, speaking engagements, etc.
- Plans and prepares for Board meetings to include assembling information, handling logistics, facilitating communications and recording.
- Makes travel arrangements including flights, car service/rentals, lodging, directions, visas, travel documents; maintains records and attains all information and logistics for speaking engagements.
- Manages contacts, communications, and appointments via letters, emails, phone calls, faxes, and personal appointments.
- Serves as hostess/gatekeeper to President's giving insight to requests, prioritizing, arranging lodging, meals, and luncheons to serve guests and MK's.
- Oversees filing and archiving of files, Board minutes and memos, data, correspondence, administrative decisions, reports, etc.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum Prior Experience Required: Must have 2+ years of previous administrative assistant experience. At least one (1) year experience supporting senior-level management is preferred.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Certification/Licensure Required: None
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
- Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
- Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
- Strong relational skills.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Strong communication skills (listening, verbal, written, telephone, email).
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position,
do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
- Resume and cover letter
- One-page testimony including the name of your local church
- Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE is an independent, faith-based mission dedicated to the ambitious goal of making disciples among every people group on earth. We partner with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,200 missionaries in
85 countries as they fulfill the Great Commission.