Twice per year, we solicit new members to join the IVP Book Club & Commentary programs. This position is responsible to enroll new customers accurately and efficiently as well as to provide customer service to these and all IVP customers. Primary tasks include responding to customer inquiries via phone, email and mail.
Customer Service for Continuity Program Customers
- Accurately and efficiently enrolls new customers into the continuity programs (in which customers receive a new volume in a particular series each month) and IVP Book Club
- Co-develops with the Contact Center Manager service policies and procedures to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction, especially as it relates to continuity
- Provides supervision and training for other CCC members in the continuity program (such as continuity system service training during weekly CCC team meetings and manages the workflow for IVP personnel providing assistance during new enrollments)
- Processes and prints continuity customer invoices per the approved schedule and maintains correct inventory in CIS as a reflection of all units sold, returned, or lost in mail from the continuity system
- Provides data regarding the progress of enrolling new customers to members of the company with a stake in the success of our programs
- Receives customer inquiries through phone, fax, e-mail and mail; triages the response process and timing; provides response for customer contacts according to mode of communication, customer type, nature of request, and urgency of need within the unit standards for wording and response time.
- Analyzes and rectifies all customer concerns using established procedures and refers volatile or more complex customer service questions to Contact Center Manager
- Accurately and efficiently enters orders into IVP database using system knowledge and research skills to assign discounts, terms, freight requirements, shipping mode, etc.
- Analyzes and rectifies basic customer concerns using established procedures; refers more complex or unusual customer service questions appropriately.
- Processes address changes, cancellations, credit card expirations, credit card and check orders
Requirements and Qualifications
- Annual affirmation of InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith as a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ
- Affinity for detail
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Flexibility to attend Urbana Student Missions Conference every three years, Dec. 26-Jan.1, and National Staff Conference every three years, approximately Jan. 3-8.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including pleasing voice quality and diction
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to adopt a customer perspective and demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, non-confrontational and professional stance toward any customer at all times
- Orientation toward group participation and team accomplishment
- Ability to work in a demanding, changing environment and handle multiple tasks
- Technical skills, including proficiency with computers, support systems and keyboarding skills
- Proficiency with computer database systems, e-mail, and alpha and numeric data entry
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Data EntryPrivate Profile
- San Antonio, Texas
- September 26
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Located in Westmont, Illinois, InterVarsity Press has been publishing excellent Christian books for more than 50 years. Our current publishing program is focused on three imprints: IVP Books offers general-interest books in categories like Christian living, discipleship, evangelism, missions, apologetics and cultural critique. IVP Academic offers books designed for research and classroom use in areas such as biblical studies, theology, philosophy, science and psychology. IVP Connect offers study guides, multimedia curriculum and foundationa More...