This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Warm Beach Senior Community
Stanwood, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 07/28/2005
Categories: Health Care
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a flexible position in a Christ-centered, people-focused environment? Do you want an opportunity to not only engage your mind, but invest your heart?
Competitive wages, a progressive culture, and a beautiful work environment are but a few of the benefits we have to offer. Make a change in your life for the better!
RN - FT Evenings
RN - PT (8-24 hrs/wk)
LPN - PT (Job Description Available on Request)
Job Title: Nurse Manager - RN
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Work Area: Nursing Department
Salary Classification: Hourly
General Description and Scope:
Under the direction of the Nursing Supervisor, performs duties as the Nurse Manager, complying with State and Federal regulations and established facility policies and procedures. As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, promotes the physical, social, emotional and spiritual well being of the residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, organizes and carries out day to day resident care in Nursing.
2. Orients, instructs and supervises Team Leaders.
3. Gives accurate shift report.
4. Communicates effectively and establishes good relationships with other disciplines.
5. Evaluates and assesses medical, social, psychological and spiritual needs of individual residents, and documents problems in residents record, including Care Plan and Nursing Orders.
6. Establishes resident care goals that are measurable.
7. Performs according to the Standards of Practice related to Medication Administration, including routine and PRN medications and intravenous therapy.
8. Performs according to the Standards of Practice related to Infection Control and has a working knowledge of blood borne pathogens and utilizes universal precautions when handling or exposed to body fluids.
9. Coordinates residents hygienic needs for cleanliness and acceptable appearance.
10. Creates an atmosphere of mutual trust, communication and harmony throughout the facility and departments.
11. Makes independent decisions regarding nursing care. Evaluates emergency measures to be taken. Gives emergency treatment to residents and personnel involved in incidents. Notifies physician and family, if resident involved, and completes Incident Report.
12. Handles resident and personnel grievances and refers them to the Nursing Supervisor, if necessary.
13. Completes evaluations on Team Leaders as assigned and reviews NACs.
14. In a suspected or alleged staff to patient abuse situation, Warm Beach Senior Community policies and procedures will be followed.
15. Advises the Nursing Supervisor and physician of all pertinent changes in physical or mental conditions of the residents.
16. Maintains care in the use of supplies and equipment.
17. Available for emergencies. Assists nursing personnel as needed.
18. Responsible for assisting with physician rounds.
19. Monitor I and O and tray monitors.
20. Attends care conference as needed.
21. Attendance at workshops and institutes in this field and at required Warm Beach Senior Community inservice and training programs.
1. Physical and mental health to meet job requirements.
2. Lifting and turning of residents and moving equipment.
3. Must be sighted for resident assessment and monitoring functions.
4. Ability to hear for effective communications with families, residents and staff.
5. Clear speech to communicate freely.
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Current registration in this state.
2. Has experience in LTC as a licensed nurse.
3. Good mental and physical health, sound judgment and high moral standards, and a sincere desire to work with the aged and those with limited capacity for self-care. Patience and compassion essential.
4. Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit. Interest and ability in teaching others and assisting them in their skills.
5. Capacity to grasp new theories and principles and put them into effect.
6. Ability to make independent decisions.