Job Title: Director of Child Development and Parent Education
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Youth and Family Ministries
The Union Gospel Mission is a Christian ministry dedicated to serving the homeless, poor, and addicted in our community. By meeting physical, spiritual, emotional, and educational needs, our Mission is changing lives!
The Child Development Center is committed to building a framework of educational success and leadership through providing a creative environment that nurtures children’s growth in areas of spiritual, social, emotional, physical, intellectual and cognitive
development. We will accomplish this through biblical principles and by being sensitive to cultural and family differences.
The Director of Child Development and Parent Education is responsible for driving outcomes, providing leadership, and managing the daily activities of the Child Development Center (CDC). In addition, the position will work closely with the Naomi Family
Residence to provide empowering and effective parental education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals and objectives.
- Creates and implements internal policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Develops and manages a cohesive, motivated, and engaged team through training, coaching, and providing clear expectations; creates an atmosphere of trust, openness, accountability and collaboration for team members.
- Develops supervisory standards for the program. Ensures adherence to the standards of Rule 3 State guidelines and Mission policies and guides team members in the completion all required related trainings and in-services.
- Develops and implements operational procedures and practices to ensure a safe environment that is physically, emotionally, and spiritually healthy for children.
- Coordinates and participates in a Parent Education Advisory Board to develop parent education for the CDC.
- Consults with the Naomi Family Residence to provide empowering and effective parental education.
- Serves as a liaison between teachers, parents, and the Mission programs for information, counseling, referrals, and problem resolution.
- Represents the Mission internally as well as externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, clients, and/or the general public/local community.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree with 5 to 7 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of child development theory and practice; able to foster a supportive, educational, and nurturing environment for clients.
- Strong knowledge of regulations established by the Department of Human Services – rule 3 Head Teacher.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques; understands budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Strong understanding of employee development and performance management; committed to team development and able to employ techniques and strategies to achieve objectives.
- Strong problem solving ability; able to re-engineer operations, procedures, and policies to improve organizational efficiency and quality.
- Strong judgment and sense of professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Counseling and behavior management skills.
- Knowledge of legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area.
- Assessment and referral skills.
- Able to support UGM’s statement of Christian faith and share that faith and knowledge with students and clients.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, criminal background check.
- CPR Certification required within 90 days of date of hire.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such, employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct, and adhere to the Mission’s employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by
the organization. This position requires satisfactory completion of criminal background and credit check.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
***To be considered for this position you must apply online. Our application can be found here: http://www.tfaforms.com/327910