The Development Officer shall be responsible for introducing new donors to Cityteam and to secure major donor gifts to support operations for all ministry areas, with a primary focus on San Jose based Ministries.
- Secure major gifts from donors in cash and pledges through a program of personal direct solicitation, developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals as set by supervisor.
- Participate in major donor events as needed.
- Work with supervisor and program staff to develop the most effective donor development strategies for each major donor.
- Mentor/Coach program staff to develop donor strategy that maximizes their donor’s giving potential.
- Work with the Planned Giving staff to identify giving prospects and ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
- Submit reports of development activities as required.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc. as requested by supervisor.
- Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam International Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Minimum two years experience in major donor development required.
- Must be goal oriented and able to successfully achieve established goals.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener and sensitive to donors needs.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship.
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching donors stewardship.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
- Willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.