The Development Officer shall be responsible for introducing new donors to Cityteam and to secure major donor gifts to support operations for all ministry areas, with a primary focus on San Jose based Ministries.
- Secure major gifts from donors in cash and pledges through a program of personal direct solicitation, developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals as set by supervisor.
- Participate in major donor events as needed.
- Work with supervisor and program staff to develop the most effective donor development strategies for each major donor.
- Mentor/Coach program staff to develop donor strategy that maximizes their donor’s giving potential.
- Work with the Planned Giving staff to identify giving prospects and ensure appropriate information and materials are made available to donors.
- Submit reports of development activities as required.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc. as requested by supervisor.
- Be involved in a personal, hands-on ministry within Cityteam.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations process in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam International Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Minimum two years experience in major donor development required.
- Must be goal oriented and able to successfully achieve established goals.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener and sensitive to donors needs.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship.
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching donors stewardship.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
- Willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...