The Anglican Church in North America administrative office in Ambridge, PA is seeking a well-qualified Accounting Supervisor to work in our Finance Department. This person will be a member of a three-person finance team in a small, close-knit office with
a staff that is excited about the mission of the Church in North America. Learn more about the ACNA on our website: anglicanchurch.net . This position is full-time salaried with health, vacation and retirement benefits.
Position Summary: The preferred candidate will hold a B.S. in Accounting and have experience in Non-Profit Accrual Accounting. The Accounting Supervisor will oversee and perform the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliation
and Filing functions, with the assistance of a Part-Time Clerk. He/She will also work closely with the Controller, assisting with Journal Entries, Payroll, Monthly Reports, Taxes, Audit Preparation, Vendor Reviews and Best Practices. This position reports
to the Controller.
- A committed Christian who embraces the high calling of working for Christ’s Church.
- B.S. in Accounting and experience with financial processing, general ledger, and audit preparation in a Non-Profit organization.
- A person who is highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to be precise.
- Strong supervisory skills and the ability to effectively delegate.
- Someone who uses good judgment within defined parameters.
- A person who is teachable and a team player.
- Effective customer service skills, including strong written and oral communication.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and the ability to learn new Computer software. Proficiency with ACS Accounting Software a plus.
- A desire for long-term employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees/performs all accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation and filing functions.
- Supervises the work of the Accounting Clerk and provides appropriate authorizations.
- Processes payroll and maintains payroll records.
- Assists Controller with journal entries, payroll, reports, taxes, audit, and special projects.
- Performs regular reviews and maintenance of vendor accounts.
- Researches and implements software tools.
- Performs excellent customer service with internal and external constituents.
- Follows internal controls.
Please email resume with cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com
or mail to: ACNA Controller, PO Box 447, Ambridge, PA 15003-0447. No phone calls please.