Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago, a result-driven, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization, is seeking a Staff Accountant. This newly created position will support the finance team and the company in ensuring financial integrity by recording, verifying, and reconciling transactions ensuring accurate financial reporting.
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services.
CCCOC’s staff is made up of Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their maximum potential, because holistic well-being is the cornerstone of a thriving community.
CCCOC’s goal as a social enterprise is to fund its nonprofit services through a thriving traditional therapy center. The current operating budget is approximately $1.1 million.
CCCOC is looking for a staff accountant who is passionate about using their financial skills and experience to support the mission of psychological healing and join a dynamic and growing organization.
CCCOC is looking to hire a professional who is/has:
- Well organized
- Love for working with people and strong social skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Keen attention to detail
- Energetic and comfortable in an extremely fast-paced entrepreneurial and hospitality-oriented environment
- Understanding of servant leadership and support roles
- Comfortable working both in a team setting and autonomously
- Deeply principled
- Committed to CCCOC’s mission, goals and programs
- Innovative and motivated
Responsibilities of the Position:
This is a full time position who will report directly to Chief Financial Officer. Some flexibility in hours is allowed but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 to 3:30, and is required to be on site Monday – Friday.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION may include the following:
- Analysis and Reconciliation of Cash Depository Accounts
- General Ledger Account Reconciliations
- Preparation and Entry of Journal Entries
- Invoice Data Entry and Accounts Payable Processing
- Partner and Client Billing and Accounts Receivable Management
- Revenue and Transaction Recording
- Payroll Processing
- Month End Close
- Support the year-end financial close
- Assist with annual financial audit and tax return preparation
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Support CFO with financial and operational data analysis
- Support the month end financial reporting process
- Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Medical or Mental Health segments a plus
- Experience with medical billing would be a plus
- Demonstrate ability to operate independently with minimal daily direction
- Successful candidate will have ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement
- Must be a self-starter and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail and accuracy oriented
- Must have the ability to meet assigned deadlines and present information in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work load and projects
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities
- Must have excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate strong communication, mathematical and reasoning skills
- Must demonstrate ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with others
- Perform other duties and projects as and when required
- Skills and Abilities:
- Competitive compensation (Commensurate with experience).
- Full range of benefits for full time employees, including BCBS PPO/HMO options, dental, life and 403b retirement options.
- Flexible schedule.
To Apply, Send: Cover Letter and Resume
To: email@example.com, Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago
Subject Line/Attn: ACCOUNTANT SEARCH
1111 N. Wells Street, Suite 400 Chicago, IL 60610
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
After initial screening, candidates may be invited in to CCCOC to fill out formal employment application and meet with members of the team for informational interview.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business AdministratorSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
V.P. of Finance / Chief Financial OfficerSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Financial DirectorOurCalling, Inc.
- Dallas, Texas
- September 15
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago
About the Company: Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services. CCCOC’s staff are Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their ma More...