Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly-motivated professional to cultivate donor relationships and convey the impact of OBI’s hunger relief, medical and disaster response programs. This results-oriented individual will increase financial commitments to the organization and its strategic initiatives by developing and managing relationships with individual donors for major and planned gifts.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum three to five years’ successful experience in major gift development
- Highly energetic professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors and how to deepen donor relationships with the organization
- History of successfully achieving annual and long-range development goals
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to speak persuasively and articulate an organization’s mission and purpose.
- Working knowledge of Biblical principles and stewardship.
- Strategic thinker with strong ability to “think on one’s feet.”
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer proficiency and experience with MS Office and donor databases.
- Solid background of superior work ethic, integrity, and Christian commitment
- Ability to travel extensively and work flexible, irregular hours; possess valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Operation Blessing is dedicated to alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. Through core programs of disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, orphan care, water wells and community development, OBI has touched the lives of more than 200 million people providing goods and services valued at over $1 billion.
Over 98% of OBI’s total expenses go toward humanitarian relief programs which has led the following organizations to recognize our outstanding commitment to fiscal efficiency:
- Forbes magazine ranks Operation Blessing as one of its “100 Largest Charities.”
- Consumers Digest named OBI one of “America’s Top Charities” based on financial efficiency.
- Ministry Watch gave OBI a 5-star rating and also lists OBI as #3 out of nearly 400 charities
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others, share our vision and purpose and possess the skill requirements listed, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Operation Blessing International
Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation (OBI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, humanitarian organization with a mission to demonstrate God’s love by alleviating human suffering in the United States and around the world. Through core programs of disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, orphan care, water wells and community development, OBI has helped more than 215 million people in more than 105 countries and all 50 states, providing goods and services valued at more than $2.1 billion. More...