Milpitas Christian Schools, Inc.
Job Title: Second Grade Teacher
Site Location: 3435 Birchwood Lane, San Jose, CA 95132
Work Hours: Monday- Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Date Required: July 1, 2014
The teacher is supervised by the principal and is responsible for instructing and supervising students in the classroom and supervising paraprofessionals, as assigned.
- A commitment to Jesus Christ as Personal Savior
- Continuing evidence of spiritual growth
- Agreement with the Milpitas Christian School Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s Degree
- State Teaching Credential
- ACSI Certification or ACSI Temporary Certification within 1 year, ACSI Standard Certification within 5 years
- Familiarity with California State Standards and Common Core and Next Generation Science
- Meet and instruct the students in the location at the time designated
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor
- Encourage students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior in accordance with Biblical Principles
- Model, by word and lifestyle, the finest principles of Christian character
- Provide an effective program of instruction in accordance with the adopted curriculum, using research – based teaching strategies and consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Strive to implement, by instruction, the Milpitas Christian School philosophy of education and to meet instructional goals and objectives as outlined in staff and student handbooks, policy manuals, and curriculum guides.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Maintain records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when necessary and under reasonable terms
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations
- Attend and participate in faculty and department meetings and committee assignments
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods
- Assist in the selection of texts, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and colleagues concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all students
- Establish and maintain cooperative professional relations with others
- Prepare a yearly statement of goals for professional growth which will be shared with the supervisor in September.
- Show initiative in implementing goals by attending workshops, reading professional journals, etc.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with school policies and practices.
- Assist in the placement of returning students in homeroom classes and/or student schedules at the end of each school year.
- Serve on student study teams as needed.
- Serve as a resource and support for parent organizations and participate fully in activities and functions of the PTF.
- Assist in accreditation processes.
ADA Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, see and hear. Move physically in rigorous motions. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please contact Leslie Butler-Anderson in the Human Resources Office
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Milpitas Christian Schools, Inc.
Milpitas Christian School is dedicated to a philosophy of education based upon the word of God. We are evangelistic in our ministry and seek to bring its students to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and to disciple them in Biblical truth and application of that truth in developing a Christian lifestyle. The academic program, while stressing basics, must provide a wide range of studies and use both traditional and modern methodology, with materials which are current and academically sound. Along with the acquisition of facts, stress will b More...