The Executive Assistant will perform a full range of duties that include: maintaining office space and all technology, supervising team of receptionists, coordinating events and assisting in planning, composing a variety of routine and non-routine correspondence, compiling data and preparing reports using various computer applications; establishing and maintaining business records and files; scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments to ensure time is effectively leverage; making travel arrangements; and efficiently handling phone calls, visitors, and mail.
Using a high degree of judgment and discretion, this position provides administrative support to senior executives. S/he will work independently to determine assist with routing/and or response for phone calls and mail, prioritizing projects and calendar to maximize the executive’s time and productivity and assist with planning meetings, trips and events.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a neat and organized work space for all CCCOC office spaces. Ensure overall organization of office. Maintain functionalism, professionalism and supply of all therapy offices, public shared spaces/conference room, and pantry. Work directly with the management of the building as needed. Maintain electronic floor plans. Oversee cleaning schedule and follow up with staff on issues of non-compliance. Set up and maintain staff internal mailboxes, filing cabinet/drawers, etc.
- Maintain all office equipment, copiers/printers/phones/technology. Act as point person for coordinating office IT/technology needs. Act as liaison with outside maintenance vendors. Coordinate and follow up on service calls. Maintain inventory of office equipment and technology licensing.
- Oversee office moves, tactical space planning and coordination.
- Supervise team of receptionists. Coordinate schedule to ensure appropriate administrative coverage during all CCCOC business hours and events. Ensure compliance with confidentiality standards and strong customer service to all constituents.
- Manage and foster relationships with volunteers. Provide guidance in completion of some routine activities. Assist in screening and on-boarding of volunteers and monitor activities for engagement and satisfaction.
- Foster organizational atmosphere of staff appreciation. Coordinate appreciation events for staff and volunteers. Assist in acknowledgement of staff milestones with gifts, cards, public appreciation, etc. for birthdays, anniversaries, farewells, graduations, weddings, etc.
- Assist with office communications. Communicate with internal and external clients. Receive and response to correspondence. Regular emails and surveys to entire office. Ensure that staff have left vacation/special greetings on phone and email during vacations and holidays.
- Monitor office inventory and office supply expenses with a responsibility to budget adherence. Review and coordinate approval of all office supply expenses, including marketing materials, office furniture, electronic equipment, therapy testing expenses. Vet vendors to ensure minimal excess spending and seek out opportunities for donations of goods.
- Oversee all office scheduling and space sharing. Establish schedule options for new hires and training staff. Create office sharing schedule for clinicians to ensure appropriate space for clients. Designate schedule of equipment usage to ensure all technology needs are met, and make recommendations for additional purchases when necessary. Create and manage receptionist and intake team members’ schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for CCCOC constituents. Ensure approval of vacation requests and maintain vacation calendar, order supplies and technology. Ensure appropriate opening and closing of office.
- Provide general administrative support and delegate administrative tasks to team of receptionists. Provide telephone coverage and ensure warm greeting of all constituents/clients. Handle client inquiries and assist with scheduling/rescheduling therapy appointments. Utilize independent judgment and analysis for the coordination and monitoring of specific project/tasks. Perform sorting, filing, and cross referencing of materials and documents. Establish filing system, if/when needed. Distribute mail, retrieve and deliver files, and copy documents. Manage multiple projects and assignments with minimal supervision. Order office supplies.
- Assist in On-Boarding of New Employees. Procure necessary technology equipment for new employees. Set up technology/computer profiles, work spaces, mailbox, filing cabinet, etc. Give keys to office suites and appropriate building access. Provide welcome packets, facilitate office tours. Train new hires in usage of office equipment and space sharing. Assist new employees with any other needs. Give information about parking and arriving to facility. Provide consistent assistance and communication with team members on general office information and policies, and correct issues of non-compliance.
- Coordinate arrangements for internal/external meetings, conference calls. Compile and disseminate materials for meetings and calls as required. Support executives with meeting planning, including scheduling rooms, ordering refreshments, meeting prep and follow up. Prepare and schedule activities for whole organization such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs.
- Coordinate volunteer appreciation days and fundraising events. Assist in planning and coordination of annual benefit dinner and other smaller fundraising events, including communication with venue, donors, coordination of silent auction.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, CFO and other executive leadership staff. Uses knowledge of company policy, organization and business operations to proactively prioritize, plan, schedule and support activities of C-level executives. Design and format reports, forms, correspondence, utilizing the firm’s standard and highest possible quality orientation. Create, format, type, edit, proof, and finalize reports and presentations with great attention to detail using extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word (including Mail Merger) and PowerPoint. Assists in creation and submission of Expense Reports on behalf of CEO. Assists in calendar management for CEO, including scheduling and coordinating meetings on her behalf. Prepare and schedule activities specifically for CEO including travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences and general office events, including scheduling of conference room use and catering needs. Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business.
- Exercises diplomacy and discretion. Strong independent judgment.
- Demonstrates initiative and high-energy/motivation. Self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills. Strong time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills. Ability to assess workload and re-prioritize as needed, handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties.
- Leadership capacity. Ability to influence and persuade various internal and external constituents to drive projects to completion. Ability to take the lead organizing projects and workload.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent word processing, editing, proofreading skills to prepare accurate documents. High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one’s own work as well as the work of others.
- Able to establish a course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Ability to work under pressure as well as the ability to detail with interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency.
- Service-oriented leader with passion for CCCOC’s mission and service.
- Relates well to people on all levels; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; diffuses even high-tension situations comfortably
- BA Degree preferred. College coursework in business administration or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years administrative experience.
- Prior experience working for corporate executives.
- Prior experience managing an office of 25+ employees.
- Tech-savvy. Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule as needed based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Flexible to travel if needed based on business support.
About the Company:
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services.
CCCOC’s staff are Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their maximum potential, because holistic well-being is the cornerstone of a thriving community.
CCCOC strives to reflect Christ’s model as the Great Physician and serve as an agent of healing, providing therapy, training, seminars and assessments to the adults, couples, children, adolescents, families, groups, churches and schools of all income levels of our local community. The Center’s current operating budget is approximately $1.1 million.
CCCOC offers a supportive, flexible and fun working environment, and the opportunity to make a significant difference in the lives of its clients. CCCOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, willing to provide accommodations for persons with disabilities. For more information about the Center, go to www.chicagocounseling.org.
- Competitive compensation.
- Full range of benefits for full time employees, including BCBS PPO/HMO options, dental, life and 403b retirement options.
To Apply, Send: Cover Letter and Resume
Subject Line/Attn: SR. ADMIN ASSISTANT SEARCH
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
After initial screening, candidates may be invited in to CCCOC to fill out formal employment application and meet with members of the team for informational interview.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Administrative AssistantAI&I Co.
- Memphis, Tennessee
- October 25
Finance ManagerNew Life Community Church
- Peoria, Arizona
- October 25
Personal AssistantFamily First Life Tri-State
- West Orange, New Jersey
- October 25
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago
About the Company: Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services. CCCOC’s staff are Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their ma More...