Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago, a result-driven, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization, is seeking a Director of Marketing and Business Development. This newly created position will oversee the creation and execute the development of an integrated marketing and business development effort to advance and increase the impact of our counseling center programs.
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services.
CCCOC’s staff is made up of Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their maximum potential, because holistic well-being is the cornerstone of a thriving community.
CCCOC’s goal as a social enterprise is to fund its nonprofit services through a thriving traditional therapy center. The current operating budget is approximately $1.1 million.
CCCOC is looking for a result-driven, entrepreneurial individual to join a dynamic and growing organization and expand the mission of bringing emotional and psychological healing throughout Chicagoland.
Reporting to the CEO and working with the board-led marketing committee, the Director of Marketing and Business Development will be expected to establish and implement a compressive and effective marketing effort that will help build the foundation a sustainable organizational future that is poised for growth.
The Director of Marketing and Business Development must have the ability to think strategically and act tactically to develop, analyze, manage and execute all marketing and communications functions with a focus on heightened brand awareness, strategic relationship development and client acquisition.
CCCOC has four key target audiences:
- Pastors and churches
- Private paying clients
- Medical practices and hospitals
- Schools and educators
The Director of Marketing and Business Development will be expected to develop and implement strategies appropriate for these target audiences. The ideal candidate will bring a creative yet practical approach to marketing, with an underlying strength in analysis and communication. He or she will be someone with a disciplined and analytical background who can act quickly on execution. This person must have a proven track record of marketing success and be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment. The perfect candidate will be willing to roll up their sleeves and act, while also having the ability to manage part-time staff and interns.
Responsibilities of the Position:
This professional will be expected to oversee CCCOC’s long-term marketing vision while consistently producing measurable short-term successes along the way. Success and accountability will be based on agreed-upon metrics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Develop a long term marketing and business strategies and accompanying plan
- Utilize market and internal information to set goals and strategies
- Provide regular benchmarks on progress toward goals
- Engage a diverse and effective use of marketing innovations and strategies that inspire engagement, partnerships and recognition
Development and Execution
- Develop and execute a client acquisition plan targeted toward key markets
- Create business paths to the new and yet-to-be-understood health care system
- Determine and institute the essential business and marketing elements necessary to establish a competitive therapy practice in the Chicago marketplace.
- Increase public image and visibility by Identifying, refining and executing a branding effort
- Oversee and execute organizational marketing materials
- Oversee and execute brand consistency and proper messaging across all communication platforms including media, external newsletters and email promotions, social media and website.
- Assess and evaluate existing website and determine it’s effectiveness. Oversee and execute a website overhaul if necessary
- Create engaging and targeted advertising and promotions designed to grow therapy client base
- Develop a strategic partnership development plan to support goals
- Lead effort to implement best customer service practices and infuse new tactics to reflect the brand and core values of the Center
Management and Administration
- Recruit and manage one – two marketing communications and/or donor relations staff and interns
- Work directly with the board-led marketing committee
- Communicate and work directly with the staff on all marketing related matters
- Provide leadership to and coordinate with departmental staff to ensure that marketing and communications efforts are coordinated, consistent and appropriate.
- Prepare reports and performance metrics and analyze as needed
- Mentor and guide other staff in the best practices of marketing as they carry out supportive roles
- Oversee departmental budget
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher education degree in business development, marketing, public relations, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive marketing, sales, or related experience in a similar field.
- Experience in healthcare and branding a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presence, strategic judgment and common sense necessary for effective leadership
- Strong analytic, interpersonal skills, and writing skills
- Innovative and critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems
- Ability to integrate grass roots and low-cost marketing approaches, in addition to cost-based strategies
- Understanding of digital advertising and social media platforms
- Experience excelling within fast-paced, high energy environments.
- Proven track record of working across an organization, with a demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute comprehensive B2B and B2C marketing solutions.
- Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skill
To Apply, Send: Cover Letter and Resume
Subject Line/Attn: MARKETING SEARCH
After initial screening, candidates may be invited in to CCCOC to fill out formal employment application and meet with members of the team for informational interview.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Account Executive-Nashville, TNSalem Media Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 29
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Sales Assistant- Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- September 22
Community Development Manager (Non-profit Outside Sales)Children of the Nations
- Seattle, Washington
- September 20
Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago
About the Company: Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago (CCCOC) is a full service psychological and counseling agency located just north of the Loop in Chicago. Cornerstone’s mission is to empower people to reach their spiritual, relational and emotional potential through exceptional counseling and personal development services. CCCOC’s staff are Christian healthcare and administrative professionals with a heart for bringing wellness to Chicago and the surrounding community. Our vision is for all people to access tools to reach their ma More...