You will never find a job posting like this one . . .
Our Mission : To Minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last , and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health services, and independent living communities.
Our newly opened Foundations and Corporate Grants Manager position at the Orange County Rescue Mission's corporate offices in Tustin is a unique opportunity for a qualified grants professional to join our dynamic growing organization. We are looking for someone with previous management experience working for a non-profit organization. All prospective applicants must complete our Job Application, which includes a statement of faith. http://www.rescuemission.org/jobs/ocrm-application/
For more information, please visit our website at www.RescueMission.org. Please read through the job description carefully. If you feel called to apply, please do so with a joyful heart. Thank you
Job Title: Foundations and Corporate Grants Manager
Secures funding through foundation, government, and corporate grants by exploring sources, evaluating potential opportunities, building relationships, and attending key corporate and foundation events. Responsibilities include all aspects of grant management, including proposal preparation, management of the grant writing team, and presenting the compelling vision, accomplishments, and needs of the Orange County Rescue Mission.
Operations & Manager Level
CORE Performance Expectations
Ministry & Outcomes
Goals: Students understand what is expected of them; Students experience a seamless system of care; Students become self-sufficient & thriving; Students, volunteers & staff are safe.
- Adhere to the Mission and Values statements.
- Infuse the Wild at Heart and Captivating ministry messages into ministry services.
- Ensure that all students and guests adhere to all rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform the twelve core functions of case management which includes intake, orientation, coaching & exit interviews.
- Deliver support services & programs to as needed to successfully accomplish the student self-sufficiency metrics.
- Provide safe & secure data collection, record keeping & outcomes measurement.
Facilities, Assets & Equipment
Goals: Strong stewardship of donated resources; Provide ready access to needed resources; Minimize waste of donated resources; and Students, volunteers & staff are safe.
- Maintain high levels of utilization of assets and equipment & 90% occupancy of facilities.
- Manage a maintenance schedule and maintain a high level of maintenance with all facilities, assets and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate levels of supplies and resources.
- Carryout and document regular health & safety inspections.
Financial & Human Resources
Goals: Develop and maintain a high performance level for all staff; Staff members fully understand what expectations are placed on them; Maintain and comply with all government and industry standards; Optimize internal and external relationships; Achieve or exceed income forecasts; Reduce expenses without sacrificing outcomes.
- Supervises staff and volunteers, including training & coaching.
- Perform expense reduction & expense budget management.
- Implement and achieve fiscal year income fund raising goals.
- Manage friend raising & relationship building internally & externally.
Other Applicable Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of Development in building relationships with community, non-profits, corporations, individuals and funders in order to engage them in a funding partnership with the Rescue Mission.
- Assists in maintaining consistent best practice grant writing and reporting techniques focused on delivering accurate program data to funders and donors.
- Supports the development, and maintenance of open communication with grantors and partners, in order to foster strong relationships and increase funding.
- Researches prospective funding sources and seeks grants according to foundation/donor guidelines.
- Creates and sends out thank you letters and donor recognition letters/notices on a timely basis as allowed by grant deadlines for all foundation gifts received including packaging and mailing to “Foundation of the Month” (F.O.M.). and manage grant writing team in doing the same.
- Supports Corporate Communications Program including press/media and foundation requests which may include maintaining and updating OCRM-related social media content and outlets as it relates to funding and development efforts along with printing of the e-news article for shipping to the F.O.M.
- Manage and host foundation site visits for programs of Village of Hope, as well as OCRM’s other programs and facilities includes assistance with Donor Appreciation projects and assisting with tours and providing handouts.
- Prompts Director of Development, Chief Relations Officer and President to make personal calls and/or send notes of appreciation.
- Interacts with funders at local conferences and workshops to develop and sustain direct funder relationships.
- Maintains paper and electronic filing system to ensure timely and accurate records of all activity including hole punching and filing of foundation documents to folders in development filing system.
- Manages and tracks solicited/pending/closed status of grants and proposals, progress reports for funding grantors, grants and proposals to be submitted, prospective foundations and documents all activity and correspondence within grant tracking software (SalesForce) for self and grant writing team.
- Internet and personal networking research on new corporate/foundation prospects including FoundationSearch for key foundation info and general web search on Foundation name, board of directors, giving history, etc.
- Creation and management of early proposal drafts, using template materials for grant writing and tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Chief Relations Officer or President.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and employee skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, finance, accounting, and/or business or a related field preferred. One year of work experience with hands-on responsibility related to grant fiscal support, accounting, public budgeting, and finance required.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Experience with database entry, reporting, and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of the Bible.
- Proficiency with computers, and computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ASP/web-based software solutions (Salesforce, ClientTrack).
- A pleasant personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including good organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
- Regular involvement in a local Bible-believing church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the OCRM Statement of Faith.
- Regular timely attendance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes oneself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions and actions of grant writing team; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
4 year degree and proven success record in related field .
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee will occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position is primarily first shift, however may require work beyond the normal hours and on weekends/holidays, as typical operations runs 24x7. The position requires work in a busy, open area office where the Grants Assistant will spend long hours sitting and using office and computer equipment which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Orange County Rescue Mission
Serving the least, the last and the lost - providing shelter, food, health care, guidance & training to neighbors in need.
To minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities.