Sales Manager/Corporate Specialty Markets
At the direction of the VP of Sales, identify, establish, develop, and grow new sales opportunities for all Harvest House books within the corporate specialty market channel, concentrating primarily on significant new corporate accounts suitable for the company’s books and products, including custom editions of same. Develop and further enhance sales growth of the gift trade market channel in the key regional locations in which the company maintains showrooms and gift representatives, including high level sales focus to Cracker Barrel. Identify, establish, develop, and grow a new general market gift rep group for the company. Represent the company’s books at select themed conferences.
Essential Job Functions:
- At the direction of the VP of Sales, identify, establish, develop, and grow new corporate specialty accounts that represent ideal markets for highly selected Harvest House trade, children’s, and gift books.
- Work closely with Order Fulfillment Director to establish accounts according to company policies; maintain annual meets comp paperwork with each account, as necessary.
- Develop account specific growth strategies and sales plans to grow business over time.
- Consistently analyze sales sell through and other sales activities of each established account in order to create additional sales opportunities.
- With certain accounts, work closely with Senior Manager of Inventory Control to assure profitability of all unusually high discount permissible sales before such sales are made.
- Develop, maintain, and further enhance sales growth of the gift trade market channel in the key regional locations in which the company maintains showrooms and gift representatives.
- Travel to the company’s two major show rooms every six months to represent new and backlist gift and children’s books.
- Train group of representatives to aggressively sell Harvest House gift and children’s books.
- Work closely with the company’s gift sales assistant to maintain showrooms and relationships via Skype, phone, and e-mail with representative groups throughout the country.
- At the direction of the VP of Sales, travel and represent highly select company gift product to Cracker Barrel while also identifying store trends and themes for company book creation with VP of Product Development.
- Identify needs of specialty accounts and large churches in order to provide approved custom editions of select company products.
- Work closely with Production Director and Senior Manager of Inventory Control to satisfactorily price out the production and costing of custom products and assure their profitability at workable customer unit prices before sales are made.
- At the direction of the VP of Sales, identify, establish, develop, and grow a new general market gift rep group for the company.
- Working with the OF Director and others in the company, establish the working relationship with the group with all ordering and logistical protocols in place.
- Work with VP of Sales to initially and regularly select appropriate company books to have represented by the group.
- Develop and maintain relationships with group and the reps in the group, incentivizing, motivating, and inspiring a “can do” attitude.
- Identify, establish, develop, and grow highly select themed conferences where books are sold.
- Represent appropriate company books to constituencies in moderation according to the needs of each conference.
- Analyze profitability of each such conference.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires using original and creative thinking to maximize sales goals and revenue results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively with sales team.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, results-oriented-- exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines with continual attention to detail.
- Exhibit a high level of accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Typical qualifications would be:
- Minimum of three to five years related industry sales experience strongly preferred
- BA preferred
Job Location and Equipment Utilized:
Relocation to Eugene, OR required.
In-house, exempt position where work is normally performed in an office environment with 60% of time spent using a computer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Elementary School English Teachers in AsiaAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Multimedia Marketing Consultant-Sacramento, CASalem Media Group
- Sacramento, California
- December 1
Account Executive- Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- November 30
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- November 25
Harvest House Publishers
Our mission is to glorify God by providing high-quality books and products that affirm biblical values, help people grow spiritually strong, and proclaim Jesus Christ as the answer to every human need.More...