Please review our full job description and application process on our website at www.seoulforeign.org.
The High School Principal is a member of the senior administrative team. Key roles include leading and managing the daily operation of the high school (approximately 500 students grades 9-12); providing leadership for the HS leadership teams to ensure the continued development of the instructional program; developing a collaborative, nurturing environment for faculty; recruitment; working closely with the AHOS-Academics to implement best practice with respect to the curriculum; supervision and appraisal of the high school faculty; compassionately working with high school students while balancing both disciplinary and informal counseling roles, effectively projecting the school’s image in the community; and providing active, timely, and effective communication regarding high school programs and activities to the School Board, other administrators, and parents.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise two assistant principals, three counselors, two office assistants, and over 60 full and part-time instructional faculty;
• Understand and effectively articulate the school’s mission statement, values, Board
policies, administrative regulations and established procedures;
• Contribute to Administrative Team in collaboration with other site administrators;
• Participate in the recruitment of SFS faculty;
• Develop leadership within administrative and teacher leadership structure of the High
School (i.e. Assistant Principals, Counselors, Heads of Department)
• Ensure the Teacher Performance Evaluation System for all high school faculty is carried out
• Review curriculum development throughout the curriculum review cycle (in coordination with the Heads of Department and program Coordinators and the Assistant Head of School – Academics);
• Develop and monitor the budgeting and ordering process for the high school;
• Communicate with parents, students, faculty, and other school-wide interested parties through regular and timely written reports, newsletters, interviews, and meetings;
• Serve as a lead member of the high school student study team;
• Communicate regularly and effectively with faculty to facilitate collaborative decision making and problem solving;
• Ensure the annual publication of the Parent Handbook and Faculty Handbook;
• Monitor the procedures for effectively reporting student achievement;
• Oversee the development and implementation of a counseling program that supports students’ social and emotional needs, provides sound academic advice and effectively guides and supports students and parents, including transition programs;
• Ensure the creation of the master schedule and assign faculty to classes and student groups;
• Plan and organize the development and implementation of high school emergency
procedures which are coordinated with other divisions;
• Contribute to School Board and relevant Board Committee meetings, and other school wide committees as appropriate;
• Attend divisional programs and presentations; support school-wide activities;
• Other duties as assigned or needed.
• Practicing Christian who promotes the Philosophy and Goals, and the Mission
Statement of Seoul Foreign School;
• Unquestioned personal integrity and professional ethics;
• Successful experience as a high school principal of a school of similar size and complexity, particularly in an international context;
• Proven ability to be an instructional leader as well as an effective manager;
• Advanced degree;
• Principal certification or equivalent;
• Fosters a positive learning and teaching climate/environment in the school
• Promoter of a culture of teamwork and collaboration within the faculty;
• IB and IGCSE leadership experience
• Successful classroom teaching experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of current educational practices for high school children
• Effective public relations with parents and the wider school community.
• Demonstrated experience in the recruitment of quality teaching faculty;
• Experience in, and proven knowledge of, current approaches to staff supervision and evaluation;
• Internationally-minded outlook, with a culturally sensitive understanding of other faiths;
• Proven ability as a solid team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and able to work flexible hours outside of the regular school day;
• Proven ability as an innovative, results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, creative problem solver;
• Ability to engage in multiple tasks, to motivate and inspire others and to lead change successfully;
• An appreciation for academic and personal issues facing Third Culture children and the
The high school principal reports to, and is supervised by, the Head of School. He/she provides quarterly reports to the personnel and the main school board. The high school principal receives reports from the Assistant Principals, IB and IGCSE leaders, Heads of Department, and the high school counselors.
Application Deadline: August 1st, 2014
View our website for further details on this opening and how to apply. SFS reserves the right to close this opening prior to the deadline.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
PrincipalRiver City Believers Academy
- San Antonio, Texas
- September 11