Pastor of Worship and Music Ministries
The Worship Pastor and his wife should be fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ and be committed to expressing that devotion through heart-felt worship consistent with a Baptist church.
The Worship Pastor will be committed to leading both traditional and contemporary worship styles that are creative, visionary, flexible and diverse.
The Worship Pastor will have spiritual gifts in the areas of shepherding, community building, encouragement, faith and humility. He should be gifted in people management and inter-personal skills, a good listener, motivational and willing to work as a team player.
The Worship Pastor will be concerned with the spiritual welfare of worship volunteers and desire to serve and bless them.
The Worship Pastor will have training and experience in worship planning and have solid music skills. He will have the ability to direct, produce, and arrange as needed.
The Worship Pastor is responsible for planning and coordinating the worship ministry of Lake Hills Baptist Church with particular emphasis on planning multiple weekly services and music. The Worship Pastor will work closely with the senior pastor to develop services that support and enhance the message of the day.
The Worship Pastor will offer servant leadership in the music ministry of the church, focusing initially on the adult choir and weekly vocal music teams.
The Worship Pastor will foster the development of ensemble groups, youth choir, children's choir, and youth and/or adult instrumental groups.
The Worship Pastor will also encourage the use within worship of the artistic gifts (music, drama, writing, vocal & instrumental, décor, etc.) of individual members of the church family.
The Worship Pastor's responsibilities may but do not necessarily include such tasks as piano/organ accompaniment, adult/youth/children's choir director, instrumental director or vocalist.
The Worship Pastor will however have a significant understanding of worship, music & liturgy in order to supervise and direct the ministry of the church in these areas.
The Worship Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Lake Hills Baptist Church - Schererville, Indiana - www.lakehillsonline.org
The Pastor and the Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates should submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY
- Cover letter
- At least 2 professional references
- Electronic example, i.e. DVD, site link, YouTube, etc., exhibiting candidate’s leadership in worship.
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team unless requested.
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application and send questionnaire after initial screening via E-MAIL ONLY.
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested.
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only.
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12