Position Title: University Direct Marketing Strategist
Department: Office of Corporate Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Director, Corporate Marketing and Communications
Date Available: May 23, 2014
The University Direct Marketing Strategist is charged with leading, developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies to generate the inquiries needed to meet the University’s enrollment goals. The University Direct Marketing Strategist also leads,
develops, implements, and evaluates additional strategies to nurture inquiries resulting in completed applications. The successful candidate will have proven experience creating innovative and integrated inbound and outbound campaigns that achieve results.
· Develop and manage inbound and outbound multifaceted marketing campaigns which generate inquiries to meet enrollment goals (i.e., list buys, direct mail, digital and print advertising, pay-per-click,
social media, landing pages, third party sources, etc.)
· Create and coordinate strategies to move inquiries to completed applications.
· Collaborate with designated Admissions personnel on messaging for targeted campaigns (First Time Freshmen, Transfers, Graduate, Seminary, etc.).
· Facilitate input and respond to requests from leaders, faculty, and staff regarding ideas for direct marketing.
· Work together with the Marketing Services Team to produce graphics and content for campaigns, as well as the production and fulfillment services needed to deploy campaigns.
· Explore and negotiate with companies with whom we may outsource and/or partner to accomplish goals (i.e., Noel Levitz, Cappex, Zinch, etc).
· Team up with the Web Communications Strategist to track and monitor results using Google Analytics and HubSpot. Monitor cost-per-inquiry and cost-per-application; revise strategies accordingly.
· Develop and manage the direct marketing budget.
· Execute other related duties as required.
Record of meeting goals.
Ability to take initiative, work independently, and hold oneself accountable.
· Organized and Deadline-Oriented:
Ability to manage multiple projects with converging deadlines.
Aptitude for thinking “outside the box,” and finding creative and effective means for meeting goals.
Capable of finding solutions to challenges and obstacles.
· Effective Communicator:
Strong communication skills demonstrated through tactfulness and persuasiveness, both orally and in writing.
· Team Player:
Ability to work effectively with others.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Proven experience creating innovative and integrated inbound and outbound campaigns that achieve results.
· Experience in higher education preferred.
· HubSpot and Google Analytics certification preferred. (Required to acquire if not already certified.)
· University Direct Marketing Coordinator
· Marketing Interns