The Pocket Testament League is a 120-year-old Christian outreach ministry that promotes Scripture reading and personal evangelism.
Inspired by the life of a teenage girl in 1893, more than 400,000 members from many Christian denominations have agreed to "Read Carry Share®" the Bible as the Word of God, and have given away more than 110 million Gospel of John books in simple one-to-one encounters. The Pocket Testament League is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Visit www.ptl.org to learn more about The Pocket Testament League.
This position is located in southern California, preferably Orange County, CA. It is an professional fundraising position working with major donors/investors and potential major donor/investors as well as identifying new donors/investors. A major donor/investor is defined as someone who makes a annual minimum gift of $1,000.
The goal of The Pocket Testament League is to expand operations and develop a significant presence in 100 countries over the next five years. In order to achieve this goal, annual total contributions will be increased from $2.5 million to $6 million. The regional director of development will manage key relationships with the objective of increasing individual and corporate contributions in the assigned territory to assist in realization of this goal.
- Manage a portfolio of 150-200 active major donors/investors with a focus to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts.
- Create an annual fundraising plan and manage activities to accomplish forecasted goals and objectives.
- Implement a personal schedule to visit F2F an average of eight (8) donors weekly for an annual average of 400 individuals.
- Identify and cultivate a minimum of six (6) new major donors annually.
- Participate in the weekly Prayer Call with other PTL staff
- Write summary (call) reports for each face to face (F2F) visit and enter into the donor management system on weekly basis.
- Submit a weekly report of past activities and upcoming priorities by following Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- Plan and host two major donor events annually.
- Identify and cultivate at least two couples annually to participate in a Vision Trip to China or other destination (i.e. Brazil, Russian, Latin America)
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Kingdom Investment.
Required Position Skills and Experience
The ideal person for this position will:
- Be active in a local church and exhibit a vibrant, mature personal walk with the Lord, including a strong Bible reading component.
- Possess a passion for sharing the Gospel.
- Possess a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising (preferably in non-profit or ministry organization) or a related field.
- Be a high energy person who takes pleasure in “the hunt” for new donors/investors as well as lifting existing donors/investors to higher giving levels.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills.
- Be able to relate to diverse constituencies and work as part of a team.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter comfortable with taking initiative and setting own schedule.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, respond to unanticipated situations and work effectively under pressure.
- Maintain an upbeat, positive, “can do” attitude.
- Be willing and able to travel.
- Be willing and able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Computer literate; able to utilize technological resources available.
- Comfortable using Word, Excel and Power Point
If you meet the required skills and experience and believe yourself to be a qualified candidate, please send a cover letter, current resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4