***Do not apply through christianjobs.com. Please visit the post at:
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) is a faith-based, humanitarian, non-profit organization based in Irvine, California. Their mission is to “Transform lives through the gift of mobility to the physically disabled poor in developing countries as motivated by Jesus Christ”. Their vision is “To creatively partner with like-minded international humanitarian and indigenous organizations to place 20 million wheelchairs”.
Manage and develop a comprehensive donor development program that identifies, engages, ministers to, develops, and grows current and potential donors. An essential part of the position will be to build the number of current donors, increase their involvement, and raise total contributions. This position works closely with the Development team and reports directly to the Development Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and recognizing new major
- Maintain the integrity of donor relationships and maintain correspondence.
- Recommend prospects and solicit for new donor gifts.
- Work with Development team to track donor activity through fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge).
- Ensure that fund development is carried out in keeping with FWM’s mission, vision, and values.
- Motivate and energize board members to participate in donor fundraising activities.
- Assist in large donor campaigns and other development team projects.
- Available to travel to local and regional events for fund development purposes.
- Participate in staff development and fundraising events.
- Travel both locally and internationally for special events and/or mission trips.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned in support of daily job duties by direct supervisor.
- Share the message of Free Wheelchair Mission and the vision.
- At minimum of at least five (5) years in fundraising or major giving in nonprofits or equivalent sales experience interfacing with executive management.
- Strong background in annual giving and planned giving and general knowledge of all areas of fundraising.
- Established track record of successful, effective fundraising or sales record with measurable results in both donor base and dollars.
- Familiarity with missionary organizations or disabilities beneficial.
- Experience in the non-profit or philanthropic sectors highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. / B.A.)
Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Ability to identify, acquire, and steward gifts from individuals and groups.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and e-mail communication skills that can articulate a compelling case for donating to Free Wheelchair Mission.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact diplomatically with diverse donors and groups.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and proficiency in using computer software and knowledge of donor base management; experience with Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
- Willingness and available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Detailed information can be found at:
For information on this position, please contact:
The Dingman Company, Inc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The Dingman Company
The Dingman Company is a retained executive recruiting firm, helping its clients hire exceptional leaders by providing unique wisdom and service in all aspects of the search and selection process. We deliver the highest ethical professionalism, take our client’s success personally, and provide the quality results they require. More...