POSITION TITLE: Director of Recovery Ministries
DIVISION: Recovery Ministries (RM)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORT(S): Director of Mens Shelter, Director of Women and Childrens Shelter, Director of Riverton Place, Director of New Vision, Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Executive leadership team position responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations and management of the departments and department heads within the Recovery Ministries Division.
Essential Job Duties
1. Directly supervises Department Heads in the Recovery Ministries Division.
2. Oversees, monitors and approves all employee hiring and disciplinary actions recommended by RM Department Heads.
3. Oversees, monitors and approves all program budgets and operational expense requests from RM Department Heads.
4. Reviews and compiles monthly ministry program reports from RM Department Heads.
5. Submits a monthly ministry program report to the Executive Director.
6. Manages, supports and facilitates the work of each of the RM Department Heads by equipping, encouraging and empowering them in their specific areas of responsibility.
7. As a member of the Council, the Missions executive team, will be responsible in helping set Mission-wide policies and goals that are in line with the Missions vision.
8. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
9. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
10. Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Represents the Mission in community groups and organizations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
2. Knowledge of addiction recovery programs, methods and best practices required.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel required.
4. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making in meeting objectives required.
5. Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
6. Ability to partner across an organization required.
7. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
8. Excellent leadership, management, and team building skills required.
9. Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Missions Statement of Faith.
Education: BA/BS required, with a focus in business, social work or Theology/Biblical Studies preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of senior management experience required. Minimum of five years of addiction recovery experience required. Supervisory experience required.
To apply, visit www.ugm.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back. More...