This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Buenas Nuevas Chaplain
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 12/12/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Seattles Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
This parttime position is responsible for leading the Buenas Nuevas program at the Men's Shelter in its attempt to bring the Gospel message to Spanish-speaking guests.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Greet and mingle with the men as they visit the MS Dayroom, dining hall or when attending Chapel.
2. Enhance the relationship of guests with the Lord and the Union Gospel Mission.
3. Counsel clients and provide recommendations to Mission programs or other agencies, as appropriate.
4. Interface with the Welcome Center Supervisor and Supervisors to communicate areas of concern whether negative or positive.
5. Conduct and coordinate Christian twelve step recovery meetings each week as scheduled and hold clients accountable for their assignments
6. Conduct a minimum of two Spanish Chapel services per week and coordinate the other nightly services with approved personnel.
7. Lead Bible Studies and English Chapel services when requested.
8. Administrative duties, which includes completing required daily reports, recording twelve-step class attendance, maintenance and storage of client files, monitoring program supplies and preparing order forms, granting late passes and completing incident reports
9. Place clients on appropriate waiting lists and prepare intake forms for New Creations Candidates.
10. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required
11. Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
12. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be proficiently bilingual in English and Spanish.
2. Thorough knowledge of Biblical literature and the ability to teach it compellingly and accurately required
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
4. Valid Washington State Drivers License and ability to meet the standards of the Missions drivers criteria required.
5. Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: Must be an ordained minister.
Experience: Experience in pastoral care and counseling, with prior work in a rescue mission context highly preferred.
apply at ugm.org