This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 02/03/2009
Categories: Food Services
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for daily food preparation, kitchen/dining area maintenance and supervising program clients who are assigned to the kitchen at the Men's Shelter.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Prepare and oversee food preparation for daily assigned menu.
2. Supervise program clients and volunteers assigned to the kitchen and dining area.
3. Assign program clients and volunteers to clean, organize, and store purchased and donated foods
4. Make the best use of foodstuffs by date, labeling, and the first-in/first-out method.
5. Kitchen/dining area maintenance, which includes cleaning the kitchen, serving line and dining areas
6. Ensure proper quality and quantity of food served
7. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
8. Ability to maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
9. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
2. Excellent food handling and preparation skills required.
3. Ability to obtain a food handlers permit required.
4. Ability to work in a team environment required.
5. Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of one year of prior food handling/service work required. Prior work in rescue mission context greatly preferred.