This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 01/28/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
This position works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program, by providing advocacy-based and spiritual counseling, information, referral and support services to program guests.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Intake assessments and screening of clients.
2. Manage caseload of individual clients, meeting with clients on a weekly basis to provide advocacy-based and spiritual counseling, information, referral and support services
3. Develop and maintain all electronic and paper client files
4. Help in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of WCS facility.
5. Provide crisis intervention information and referral help.
6. Communicate with all staff through the staff log.
7. Help coordinate and facilitate support groups and classes.
8. Uses independent judgment to enter/exit program participants.
9. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
10. Maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
11. Assist with any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
2. Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices required.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
4. Agreement with the grace-based team approach to ministry required.
5. Ability to work in a team environment required.
6. Valid Washington State Drivers License and ability to meet the standards of the Missions drivers criteria required.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information required.
8. Agreement with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: BA/BS required or equivalent years of experience required. Degree in social work or related field preferred.
Experience: Without social work or related degree, one year of social work/counseling experience required.
With social work or related degree, one year of social work/counseling experience preferred.