This position works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program, by providing advocacy-based and spiritual counseling, information, referral and support services to program guests.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Intake assessments and screening of clients.
2. Manage caseload of individual clients, meeting with clients on a weekly basis to provide advocacy-based and spiritual counseling, information, referral and support services
3. Develop and maintain all electronic and paper client files
4. Help in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of WCS facility.
5. Provide crisis intervention information and referral help.
6. Communicate with all staff through the staff log.
7. Help coordinate and facilitate support groups and classes.
8. Uses independent judgment to enter/exit program participants.
9. Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
10. Maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
11. Assist with any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
2. Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices required.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
4. Agreement with the grace-based team approach to ministry required.
5. Ability to work in a team environment required.
6. Valid Washington State Drivers License and ability to meet the standards of the Missions drivers criteria required.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information required.
8. Agreement with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: BA/BS required or equivalent years of experience required. Degree in social work or related field preferred.
Experience: Without social work or related degree, one year of social work/counseling experience required.
With social work or related degree, one year of social work/counseling experience preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Associate DirectorProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Community Manager (Case Manager)Joy Ranch, A Christian Home for Children
- Woodlawn, Virginia
- September 28
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back. More...