AFTERDARK is a dynamic one night event specifically designed to relate to college students from all walks of life on campuses from coast to coast. This event tells the most compelling story in our world today in a manner that translates perfectly into the
language and culture of the university setting. AFTERDARK is where music and message meet as it couples an incredible free concert with a captivating presentation by nationally renowned speaker Joe White. The overall goal of the night is to expose college
students to the person of Jesus so they can decide for themselves if they feel like He is in any way relevant to their lives today. Far more than a concert; it’s a catalyst for conversation, investigation and a night that offers authentic hope.
AFTERDARK is the campus event of the year. Since 2000 it’s been an unforgettable night in the lives of over 400,000 students on college campuses across the nation & the consensus is “AFTERDARK is the FREE event you can’t afford to miss”.
Event Director Qualities:
- A leader – the Event Director must take a leadership position on the campus they are assigned to.
- Organized – for each event assigned the Event Director will organize committees, schedule meetings, and oversee the on-campus marketing.
- Effective communicator – the Event Director casts the vision of AFTERDARK to each assigned campus. This includes sharing with students, ministry leaders, church leaders, and campus administrators.
Event Director Duties:
- Summary – an Event Director casts vision and oversees the completion of all details required to produce a successful AFTERDARK event in which the Gospel is clearly presented
- Travel – the Event Director will travel to each assigned campus at least three times prior to an event, each for several days at a time.
- Learn the unique personality and characteristics of each campus.
- Organize a team of students/individuals on campus to carry out all details of the event.
- Get involved in the campus – get to know students, campus ministries, campus leaders and the physical campus.
- Dream and create new marketing ideas to increase attendance at AFTERDARK.
- Provide creative input into the improvement of the AFTERDARK events. We have a huge heart to always be improving and pursuing excellence in what we do.
- Carry out and complete all items on the “Event Director Checklist”.