This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Chemical Dependency Specialist
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission
Seattle, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 02/03/2009
Categories: Social Services
Job Type: Full-Time
This position works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. Primary responsibilities include helping clients address chemical dependency issues, which includes direct contact with clients as it relates to assessments, one-on-one counseling, process group facilitation, class instruction, referrals and maintenance of client records.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assess any client who has chemical dependency issues.
2. Maintain caseload.
3. Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
4. Maintain client records related to counseling, crisis management, living skills, resident history, resident progress, incidents, family history, family progress, medical issues, testing results, vocational issues, etc.
5. Assist in implementation of continuing care plans.
6. Assist client to re-integrate into community.
7. Assist with placement needs when appropriate.
8. Work in conjunction with WCS case managers, the LEC, community-based services and support groups to aid clients with skills streaming, goal-setting, on-going recovery and relapse prevention.
9. Ensure client confidentiality and maintenance of rights and responsibilities.
10. Assist other staff, including housekeeping, kitchen, front desk and maintenance in the execution of their duties whenever necessary.
11. Make independent decisions regarding program client discipline, including exiting based on MS guidelines and management policies.
12. Adhere to all WACs and RCWs related to this position.
13. Attend all Mission and WCS meetings and training sessions, as required.
14. Maintain the Missions customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
a. Committed: Share Gods passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability and stewardship
b. Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous and honest.
c. Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through and making and keeping promises.
d. Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
15. Assist with any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Microsoft Word, Outlook and client tracking program proficiency required.
2. An understanding of recovery treatment and aftercare program development and implementation required.
3. Familiarity with Christian-based 12-step programs required.
4. Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
5. Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making in meeting objectives required.
6. Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required
7. Ability to work within a team environment required.
8. Agreement with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith.
Education: AA/AS or equivalent years of experience required. Formal chemical dependency education required.
Experience: 2 years of recovery program counseling required. Experience in the development and facilitation of educational components and group processes required.