Create compelling, audience-oriented copy for a wide-variety of marketing, advertising, and publicity materials, including: general promotional copy, catalog copy, print, internet, and broadcast advertising, HH websites, internet marketing, and media materials. Communicate a consistent, compelling and brand-appropriate voice throughout all communications. Proofread and edit marketing materials to ensure company standards are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advertising – Create compelling, audience-oriented copy for a wide-variety of uses, including: trade and consumer advertising for print, internet, and broadcast media.
- Blog — As assigned, write articles for the Harvest House blog.
- Social Media—Pull compelling content from books for use on social media. Work with product specific marketing teams to create messaging for book campaigns for use on social media.
- Social Media Team – Regularly meet to discuss HH social media goals and plans, post content daily to the HH Facebook and Twitter pages. Research new social media outlets and read articles relating to social media. Primary backup for CDS.
- Back cover copy—Write compelling, audience-oriented copy for assigned books.
- Newsletters—Write newsletters and articles for use on HH websites.
- Free content – Pull appropriate content from HH books to create free resources that can be used as giveaways on websites, social media, author sites, etc.
- Media Materials – In coordination with the publicist, create fresh, compelling copy for a variety of media materials, including: media kits and book releases.
- Marketing Materials – Create compelling, audience-oriented copy for a variety of print and digital campaigns.
- Website – Partner with the Web Team to write content for the Harvest House website, and other niche websites as assigned.
- Proofreading – Provide proofreading support during Trade and Gift catalog creation process and for other projects, as needed.
- Press Releases – Back-up Senior Publicist in writing press releases as assigned for author news/announcements.
- Trade and Gift Catalogs – In coordination with Marketing Services Manager, rewrite/cut/adapt Editorial copy to meet seasonal catalog specifications.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent spelling, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent experience writing creative, audience-oriented copy, clearly and concisely.
- Excellent ability to vary tone and message based on medium, target audience, and product.
- Excellent ability to receive and incorporate feedback to meet the goals of the copy.
- Understanding of product, target audience and competitive activities in the market or ability to learn quickly
- Strong ability to work both in a team environment and on your own without losing effectiveness.
- Strong experience with current social media platforms, blogging, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to manage schedule to meet project deadlines.
- Strong ability to work under deadline pressure while producing high-quality work.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or English preferred or equivalent experience in a writing-related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a copywriter required.
- Well-developed portfolio to demonstrate strong writing skills and ability to write copy for a wide-range of audiences and writing styles. Samples required.
- Values innovation.
- Commitment to the mission of Harvest House and its core values.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of applications we anticipate receiving; we are unable to provide any information over the telephone and only the most qualified applicants will be contacted. There is no relocation assistance with this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Harvest House Publishers
Our mission is to glorify God by providing high-quality books and products that affirm biblical values, help people grow spiritually strong, and proclaim Jesus Christ as the answer to every human need.More...