Marketing & Publicity Specialist
Coordinate a wide-variety of Marketing Services projects and assignments each season. Act as a member of the Product Specific Marketing Teams to plan and coordinate product campaigns and advertising. Serve authors by providing social media mentoring, platform
building, and working with Senior Publicist on media campaigns.
Essential Job Functions:
- Product Specific Marketing Teams – Act as a member of the product specific marketing teams. Work with the team to brainstorm ideas and create comprehensive campaigns for assigned books and projects.
- Print/Internet/Radio Advertising – Specialist will create proposed advertising plans to fit within the product budget, in keeping with goals, and will coordinate with outside advertisers for contracts and deadlines, and internally with
designers and content writer to execute the plan.
- Pay-per-click Advertising - Set up, monitor, and run all pay-per-click ads (including Facebook) for product campaigns. Adjust keywords and bid throughout the campaign to achieve best results and pricing. Track and log results.
- Audience Research – Conduct audience research on assigned titles.
- Marketing Collateral – Coordinate all aspects of researching, collecting bids, working with designers, etc. to create required marketing collateral. Collateral includes: Posters, Book Trailers, Bookmarks, Trifold Brochures, signs and other
promotional products (bags, crayons, magnets, mirrors, etc.).
- Social Media Mentoring – Assist assigned authors to create and maintain a successful social media presence, including: Facebook, Twitter, personal blogs, etc. Create and maintain social media resource materials for the Author Area on the
- Author Platform Building – Evaluate assigned authors online platforms and assist them in building their platform through social media mentoring, website ideas and tips, making sure they are using their blog effectively, growing their email/eNewsletter
- Publicity – Work with Senior Publicist on assigned authors/titles to obtain interviews/reviews/excerpts or any other type of exposure for authors. Assist Senior Publicist in the development of publicity plans and strategy. Track and log
results for assigned authors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills. Proven ability to manage schedule and tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including strong ability to work as part of a team
- Strong ability to work under deadline pressure while producing high-quality work
- Strong proficiency with all MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing software, particularly PhotoShop and InDesign
- Experience working with designers to produce high-quality full-color promotional materials
- Strong experience with current social media platforms and ability to train/mentor others to achieve a successful social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter and personal blogging.
Relationships and Roles:
- Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred
- Minimum three years progressive Marketing experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter that is willing to learn.
- Creative thinker that thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solver across multiple programs with ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Detail oriented.
- Values innovation.
- Commitment to the mission of Harvest House and its core values.
Relocation to Eugene, OR required.
Qualified applicants send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Due to the large volume of applications we anticipate receiving; we are unable to provide any information over the telephone and only the most qualified applicants will be contacted. There is no relocation assistance with this position. NO freelance