Adminitrative Assistant to the Manager of International & Ministry
Under general supervision, individuals assigned to this position perform a wide variety of administrative tasks, marketing and sales support for the Manager of International & Ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
General Job Functions—
- Answer telephones, take, and route messages; schedule appointments for the Manager.
- General correspondence for the Manager including editing for content, spelling, grammar, etc.
- Receive, review, and prepare orders for Order Fulfillment, log orders.
- General organizational duties for the Manager including keeping detailed notes, organized physical and digital files, and follow-up.
- Prepare and process Show orders—tallies and reports.
- Provide backup to Sales Receptionist and Gift Sales Assistant for incoming customer calls, including order entry and customer service as needed.
- Distribute via email the “Out of Print/Out of Stock Letters” and “Price Change Letters” to accounts.
- Maintain logs and/or files of all outgoing materials—letters, reviews, etc.
- Catalog mailings, review copies sent as directed by Manager.
- Create both domestic and international travel itineraries, which include making air travel, hotel, and car rental reservations. Moreover, to coordinate and schedule trips.
- Maintain a master schedule grid for Manager related to sales trip appointments and itineraries.
- Mail/email sales presentation materials, including catalogs, forms, review copies, etc.
- Search and compile sales data for reports for Manager sales trips, trade shows, and phone conferences with accounts.
- Support orders and customer service for all Manager’s accounts, including FTP uploads of book trailers, sales sheets, manuscripts, and other materials as requested by customer or Manager.
- May attend trade show(s) as determined by VP of Sales and Manager to assist in scheduled and unscheduled appointments and other tradeshow related duties as assigned.
- Covers office while Manager is on sales trips, tradeshows, or on vacation. Also serve as backup for incoming orders when other Sale Managers are out of the office.
Assist Manager with Ministry and International Channel—
- At the direction of the manager, develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to grow Ministry and International channels.
- At the direction of the manager, develop creative marketing pieces (e.g. utilizing PowerPoint) to feature key backlist or new title releases, author promotions, monthly or seasonal specials.
- Develop ministry database, including email addresses, so that communication is consistent and efficient.
- Use relationship building and networking skills to serve new and existing accounts.
- Ability to effectively execute the entire sales cycle, especially ministry, including cold calling, opening accounts, closing the sale, upselling, taking orders, and insuring customer satisfaction.
- Create sales reports, both for ministry and international accounts, so that manager can develop growth opportunities based on sales history, trends, and market changes.
Relationships and Roles:
- Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively manage time, set and meet goals on a monthly / quarterly / annual basis.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain contact with customers to ensure high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires key administrative and interpersonal skills, as well as the physical ability to completely accomplish the tasks outlined in the Essential Job Functions of this Job Description.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all HH products, sales policies, special offers, etc.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction throughout all interactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both internally and with customers.
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving.
- To have a Sales & Marketing mindset.
- Ability to relay information between accounts and Manager effectively and accurately.
- Proficiency in MS Word & Excel (including experience with mail merges), and Power Point. Knowledge and/or experience with InDesign is a plus.
- Experience with MailChimp is helpful.
- Ability to organize, set, and maintains priorities.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to represent the company well by projecting an attitude that is friendly and pleasant.
- Two or more years of experience in Sales & Marketing required.
- A high school diploma or graduation equivalence diploma (GED) is required. A college degree, continuing education, or related work experience strongly preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in Publishing preferred.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of applications we anticipate receiving; we are unable to provide any information over the telephone and only the most qualified applicants will be contacted. There is NO relocation assistance with this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Document SpecialistFinancial Planning Ministry
- Irvine, California
- September 22
Sales Assistant- Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- September 22
Administrative & Research Assistant-Momento DecisivoTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 22
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Executive Assistant to the CEOChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Harvest House Publishers
Our mission is to glorify God by providing high-quality books and products that affirm biblical values, help people grow spiritually strong, and proclaim Jesus Christ as the answer to every human need.More...